Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dad's Elk

Liv4Rut

I got a call this morning at 8:38am from my ole man and I could of swore he was having a heart attack / seizure. He was pretty wound up telling me he just shot a bull. He went out to Colorado for the past week and a half and hasn't had much luck.

I guess this morning the other guys didn't wake up at camp and he said he couldn't see just sitting there waiting for light so he went out. He sat on a brush pile in a little meadow doing a few cow calls hoping something would bugle so he could pack up and go after them. To his suprise he saw antlers coming. He got his bow ready and the bull was locked on coming right at him. At 40 yards the bull just sat there looking at him. He thought for sure the bull was going to jet.

The bull kind of turned and looked back and my dad drew. When it turned to walk away quartering away from him he buried the 40 yard pin and let er eat. He smoked him. The bull went over a small hill and he thought he heard it gasping for air.

That is when he called me all jacked up. I was on the phone with him when he crested the hill and there his bull lay not 40 yards away from where he shot it. He was estatic and so was I. This is his best bull to date and it was a hunt he went on at last minute.

Congratulations Dad!!

982-dads_elk.jpg

Tell your dad Congrats, I am sure he was pumped!

Thanks for sharing with us Michael! :way:

Congrats Ole Man. Gotta love it when Dad is successful. Well placed arrow I might add.
Thanks for sharing your story and way to stay persistent. Awesome.

Super elk!! Congratulations are in order for your dad, that had to be pretty exciting being on the phone with him right afterwards too.

Congrats to Craig, Awesome. I got a pic in a text yesterday from Dennis, thought it looked like him... I am truely jelous.

Top Bottom