Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dads late muzzy buck

chipterp

PMA Member
Went out with my dad last night hoping we could get it done with the snow coming in. He had seen a great buck coming running through the plot on Friday but he never stopped. We had high hopes he would be back with the snow coming in. We started out in the tower blind but after we got busted a couple of times by the swirling wind gusts we decided to make a move to a ground blind that we had on the far side of the plot. It was 3:00 and as soon as we got in a great buck came out and walked right by the hut we just came out of. Then the field started filling up it was like nothing I had ever seen. A lot of great future shooters and a ridiculous number of does and smaller bucks. The one we were after was number 86 as he came around the edge of the fence into the plot on the far side. We knew it was right at 150 yards to the other side which was a good thing to know otherwise it would have been hard to get a distance with all the deer. He was feeding facing us eating beans on both sides . We got dad set up on the shooting sticks and waited until he turned broadside. I wish I had video of that plot clearing as they all ran out. He ran to our side of the plot and stopped on the top of the terrace and stood there for about 30 seconds before we heard him topple over. We waited 20 minutes and then went and found him. He got hit a little high and it took out both lungs.

Last edited:
I've only ever sat with my mom once and she got an awesome buck and this was the first time I ever sat with my dad. It's been a great season.

What a great buck!!

Can I ask what they were feeding in? Trying to plan my plots for next yr

Top Bottom