Dagger

KCCyclone

After running cameras, shed hunting, and bow hunting a property for five years, one would think I'd have had more encounters with this buck. I first found his right side in early 2008 and then the match in early 2009 - approximately 400 yards from each other. A month or so ago, we got the very first picture of this buck as a 4.5 or 5.5 year old. We had never seen this buck on the hoof until now. The picture in velvet was taken right between where I found the two sides. Yesterday we pulled a cam that is set on a scrape less than 100 yards from where I first found his right side in 2008. I am thinking we have his home range narrowed down pretty good.

His 2007-2008 set scored 125" and his G2s and G3s ranged between 9 and 10 inches. We're guessing that his 2s and 3s this year will be between 12 and 14 inches. Any guesses on a score for this buck? He is a 9 point but his G4 on his right is only a couple inches long.

img018.jpg

photo.jpg

ICAM0049.jpg

I got a buck almost identical to him on one of the farms I hunt. Ive been watching him all summer. I'm guess upper 140s maybe 150.

Back