Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dang the Luck

Husker

PMA Member
Our NWTF chapter held a Wheelin Sportsman Banquet last night and wouldn't you know it I won a Matthews SQ in the bow raffle. So here it is a month from opener and now I gotta go shopping for accessories
doah.gif
I'm thinking of a string loop for my release, either a drop away or wisker biscuit rest, and no idea on the sights. I know this has been done before but what would you do???

(Matthews vs. Hoyt aside)
30570-chair.gif

what a terrible situation
bawling.gif
Your money ahead my friend. Don't skimp on the sight and rest. I suggest a Trophy Taker for the rest. Getting the draw correct would be my first step. Lower the poundage to a comfortable level and shoot the crap out of it. Increase the poundage the more you shoot. You should have plenty of time to shoot that sucker in before season rolls around.

i second the trophy taker rest idea. i'll also throw out getting a quality sight and some new arrows. your old arrows may reject the new bow and we don't want that. the string loop idea is a good one as well.

congrats...you won a great boat anchor in that mathews.

Boat anchor? Weren't we suppose to keep the Mathews and Hoyter thing aside.Did I say Hoyter?
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
Trophy taker and loop I like too.Then again if you shot your old arrows through a Hoyter then that Mathews might not agree with them.OH,did I say Hoyter again.
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
All kiddin aside good luck with the new bow.

Congrats, I would go with any type of dropaway rest. I would get a site made from all steel, with gas filled pins. Theres a couple differnt kinds out there. I would probablly steer clear of the string loop if it were me.

Scott, The main reason I'm thinking string loop is that I have a 31" draw and the max draw is 30" I believe. Don't know if I can get away with keeping my anchorpoint without a loop. I'm gonna try it w/o first and see where I get. I think I see a trip to Ozzie's in Decorah in my near future.
30571-green1.gif

I third the Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest, or the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. Sight, I would go with either Spott Hogg, or Trophy Ridge Matrix, String Release Loop is a very good idea, cuts down on serving and string wear. The arrows you might have to play around with to get the right combination of pounds and weight. Stabilizer I would recommend either Doinker or Trophy Ridge. Both are very nice. Good luck

Well I got the bow back yesterday and am most pleased
cool.gif
. I went with the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest with a Copper Johns Deadnuts 5 pin sight, I did go with a string loop because of the draw length issue. I only shot 8 arrows thru it at Ozzie's but the last 4 were all in the bullseye!
shocked.gif
1st shot was about 2 feet low, adjusted the sight what we thought was appropriate and 2 minor adjustements later was shooting X's!! I went home and shot on the local range for about 30 min, got the 30 yard pin just about tuned in too. Now I just gotta get used to the new bow as my forearm is awful sore from the string slappin it a few too many times.
bawling.gif
Thanks all for the input and advice it is most apprecated!
beerchug.gif
bow.gif

loosen your grip (bowhand) and make sure your grip is consistent. Use an armguard until you are shooting without slapping your arm. Nothing worse than being scared of slapping your arm and trying to shoot in a new bow. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself.

You'll love the bow until the string stretchs on ya. Save your self the time and buy a winners choice string, or do what I did and sell the mathews and buy a Hoyt
grin.gif

Farley – good
Mathews – good
Butterflies – good
Bucks – good
Hoyt – I don’t know, but it’s probably pretty good
Mo Rocca – good
Chocolate – good

Mo Rocca dipped in chocolate
blush.gif
– very good

(sorry, I had to say that...)