Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Danny Boy's Big Tornado 10

Coach

My buddy Dan shot this heavy 10 last Saturday during the Tornado. I'm going to call the buck "TWISTER". He was a brute, 23" inside spread. I'll let Dan tell his story when he gets a chance. I learned a big lesson, your buddies don't make you drag when you have your expensive camera in your hands, and oh yea, the Old Mil 12 pack.
cool.gif

848Dannys05Buck.jpg

848Dannys05buck2.jpg

Nice buck....gotta love those big, heavy, wide racks. Very nice.

Nice buck!!! Tell your buddy that we could take up a collection for a new hat for him! That one is looking a little shabby.
grin.gif

look at the body on him..........wow.............I want one.............congrats,....
crazy.gif
hell of deer man.......

He could use a new hat. I think he has been crawlin' through the brambles a little too much!
grin.gif

Ok, I shot this buck on the same day all the tornados hit. I was in the stand by 1430. A doe came in 1 hour later. As I grabbed my bow, he followed her step for step. At 50 yards, the doe turned into HEAVY cover and browsed for 20 minutes. The buck luckily came down the trail to 35 yards where I got a good shot. He went 10 yards and stood there breathing hard for what seemed like 10 minutes(could have been far less). I could not see blood but saw all but 3 inches of my arrow on the exit side and knew it was a good shot, but I got another arrow in him at about 50 yards. He did not flinch, just bedded down 15 yards from that. My buddies Coach and Mick helped me get him 2 hours later. Found out at dressing I got him in both lungs and the tip of his liver. Could not believe it from how long he was standing. It was a great conclusion to a fantastic hunt. I have 3 points to make:

1 Old Mill is a great beer (even if Coach drinks the majority of the 12)

2 Don't let your friends carry a camera when a big deer needs to be dragged(Coach!!!!)

3 My hat has seen 7 years, 2 kids, 12 longbeards and 4 deer! It aint goin' nowhere.

Good luck to all!!

Top Bottom