Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daughters First Buck

dc240nt

PMA Member
Emily is now 5 for 5..., five years, five shots, five deer! But this is her first buck, and the first time she was able to hunt for a buck. She worked all summer and saved her money so she could purchase her own Ontario tag. I promised her the trip but there were stipulations, of which she worked hard at and met. I had a buck I wanted taken out of an area I hunt and was too selfish to burn my own tag on him. Figured he was a perfect candidate for a kids first buck. It all worked out better then planned. Hunted a food soarce for two days sitting from 6:30 am till dark on Wednsday and from 6:30 am Thursday till she took the shot at 6:40 pm. She even passed up three smaller bucks hoping for either this deer or a 130 class 4x4 that was in the area. Either deer would have worked but I'm glad it was this one that came in first. I had a pretty good history with this particular buck having 3 years of sheds and around fifty photo's of him. I really had high hopes for this deer, hoping he'd bloom into a giant with great brow tines. However, comparing all the sheds and pictures the deer hasn't grown an inch in three years and was actually bigger in antler and body size last year. I figure from the first sheds till now he should age at least 5 1/2, maybe older. He was a deer that needed culled. Emily to the rescue!

Here he is October 2007.
P1010038.jpg

Here he is October 2008.
PA160159Largee-mailview.jpg

And here's the proud hunter.
P1010014Largee-mailview.jpg

P1010029Largee-mailview.jpg

Congrats Emily!

Amazingly similar racks for the last two years. His legs struck me as freakishly long, maybe it's the camera angle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waddell Wannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Didn't put on an inch did he? </div></div>

No, he actually regressed. He lost most of his g4's and he's quite shorter in the beams also.

hoofline.gif

Congrats Emily! It’s always nice to have a history of with the buck a person harvests. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Top Bottom