Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daughters first Deer - BDD - Come over to the PMA

sschlicher

BrokenArrow
I have been waiting all my life to see what it was like to feel what a parent feels when their child makes their first hunt successful, and you know what? it was better for me than any trophy I have ever taken.

We'll start at the beginning, countless hours of going to the range to practice, only to have her back out because a friend at school told her how bad a gun kicked. Finaly this year, she wanted to go so bad, but I told her she had to first shoot either the muzzleloader or the 20ga before I would buy a license. Well last Saturday she said she wanted to go shoot, I took her to the range and she shot both wonderfully, the 20ga better.

We went to the license store (with mom for pictures) to get her first license. The stage was set, I took her out Sat. night and we missed a doe at 80 yds. No big deal, "I told her", we can go again on Tuesday night.

We get to our spot, perfect little clover field about 5:00 and about 85 degrees. We had been in the blind about 1 1/2 when she says we should have brought the UNO cards when I look up and see a mature doe and a fawn enter the field. I point out the window to her and say they are in range do you want to take a try. More than eager she is already getting herself in the shooting position. I tell her to take her time and wait for her to stop and feed before she shoots. It seemed like forever, but the old doe stopped and Paige squezzed the trigger. 50 yard dead run, took out bottem of both lungs and the top of the heart. (Better shot than me). Anyway I have never been so happy, must have hugged and kissed her 30 times. Lots of pics, and I can tell all you future dads and young dads, nothing will come close to the feeling of your daughters first hunt, not even your own. What a Rush!

Pics in the PMA!

wow congrats on the hunt, i've said it before it makes me real happy to see guys out getting their daughters in the field and broadening our sport across the gender gap, congrats!

Top Bottom