Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dbltree program question

aimfirst

Hi all, as a weekender to my farm I am on about the third year of rotations on three different plots on my land using information from Dbltre's thread which has been a lifesaver. I have a question I am unsure of. Last year was my first planting brassicas and I followed it up with berseem clover this spring that I plan to till under for the fall rye/oat/pea/clover mix. My question is these plots got a bit weedy following the brassicas but look fine after clipping them. Do you guys normally roundup your berseem(or other summer plot) or just til under? Probably a basic question, but just unsure after reading the threads. Figured it would be best for the soil to just till under green clover but didn't want to get the weeds taking hold next spring. Thanks.

We never use round-up on ours, just clip it with the mower to keep the weeds down and keep all the oats from going to seed. Then till under in July to plant brassicas or in August to plant the Dbltree salad bar mix

Top Bottom