Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dead 8 pointer

B

bowhuntinfool

last night my old man was burning my grandpas waterway and was burning near the water and looks down and theirs a dead deer laying their, so he walked up to it nudged it with a shovle to make sure it was dead and it lifted his head up and blinked at him!! so he put out all the fires around him and then went and grabbed the rack tried to free him from the muddy water, and noticed that 3 of the 4 feet were just shatterd the bones were sticking out everywhere it was hit by a car couse me and my cuzin went down their their and found the deer, STILL ALIVE and a blood spot on the road where it was hit, so we went down their slit its throat, because their was no way NO WAY at all this deer was goin to make!!! one of the racks was gone it was broke off bout half way up the rack and the other one was fine. so we slit the throat and then we put my cuzins bow tag on it, just so the deer wont go to waste, i dont think he is goin to eat the meat at all tho just because u never know what really happend to it or whatnot so it was a first year rack and it had 4 on one side and who knows pry 4 on the other side so it was a nice lil 8 pointer but turned out to be a 4 pointer... its too bad this deer had to end its life like that..

In the future if you contact your local DNR you can get a salvage tag for a road kill instead of using your bow tag. That way your tag for hunting can be used. What you guys did was the right thing! The deer deserve it.

GOOD JOB GUYS. TRPER IS RIGHT, CONTACT THE LOCAL D.N.R. OFFICER AND GET A TAG FOR THE DEER SO YOU CAN HUNT WITH YOUR TAG. I'D EVEN CONTACT HIM OR HER NOW AND MAYBE THEY WILL REINSTATE A TAG FOR YOU.

Top Bottom