Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dear lord.....

Critter

Life Member
Please send some rain my way. Thanks in advance.
Critter

Sent from my Android using IW

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110906_171417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_171417.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 133
  • ForumRunner_20110906_171520.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_171520.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 128
  • ForumRunner_20110906_171602.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_171602.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 135
  • ForumRunner_20110906_171541.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_171541.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 120
  • ForumRunner_20110906_171627.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110906_171627.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 123
Not sure about down your way, but our local forecast calls for mild and dry for the next 7 days.

NWBuck

how big/wide is that cultipacker/harrow combo? it looks pretty sweet!

how big/wide is that cultipacker/harrow combo? it looks pretty sweet!

It's 12' and has clodbuster wheels on the front that you can't see. It's fargin' awesome if you've got a tractor big enough to pull it. I paid $350 bucks for it from a gentleman about 6 miles from my place and pulled it home on the road.:way:

I planted my oats and Rye Aug 28th and with the recent rain in warren county my plots are looking fantastic, thick lush and 4-5 inches high already.

On the other hand I have one more 3 acre plot thats in a low area that I decided to disk up last minute to plant more rye in but its been to wet ever since. I need a good week or so WITHOUT rain to dry it out so I can disk.:D

Then Ill pray with you for more rain:way:

Unfortuantely we are now in the usual dry pattern of fall, statewide. Usually will not change until Mid-Oct,,maybe even Nov. Why it was so dry in Se Iowa for so long is a puzzlement. There were numerous weather systems, that should have come through. Most just stalled short of Se Iowa. With cost of having ground worked up and seed and I had a new drive put in so equipment could access my property. Now seed sits waiting and if it ever does get consistently wet will be too late in season. I am giving up idea of plots,,too unpredictable,,I am not made a money either. I have fruit,Perssimon,Paw Paw, trees planted, which I also hauled some water to, but I think in the long run they will be more dependable food producers for wildlife than food plots.

Unfortuantely we are now in the usual dry pattern of fall, statewide. Usually will not change until Mid-Oct,,maybe even Nov. Why it was so dry in Se Iowa for so long is a puzzlement. There were numerous weather systems, that should have come through. Most just stalled short of Se Iowa. With cost of having ground worked up and seed and I had a new drive put in so equipment could access my property. Now seed sits waiting and if it ever does get consistently wet will be too late in season. I am giving up idea of plots,,too unpredictable,,I am not made a money either. I have fruit,Perssimon,Paw Paw, trees planted, which I also hauled some water to, but I think in the long run they will be more dependable food producers for wildlife than food plots.

Know how you feel.

We had a slight drought going in NE Iowa until this last front came through

last weekend. I actually hit it perfectly now I am waiting for the next

shot of rain hopefully soon.

My brassicas were very sparse and had to replant my beans and corn.

I almost gave up until Paul told me to suck it up. :confused: I am not made of money either but I knew I would regret it come late season if I did not stay at it.

Things will change they always do.
Good luck to you.

Thanks for the encouragement,,,but time is running out for this year, and after talking alot wit a farmer,,neighbor, that was born in the area. SE Iowa,,at least my part,,has a propensity in this direction, compared to other parts of the state. At least for summer weather patterns. The winter stormy season,usually doesn't kick in until late Oct,,,alot of times Mid Nov. My ground has alot of water to make up. The heat took alot of it down. Trees going into winter dry even face trouble,if not death, then not as much growth next spring.

Top Bottom