Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decked out with the Strutt'n 360 (NEW VIDEO ADDED)

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Brewcrew and I decided to deck out our decoys in preparation of this upcoming spring.

My dad has quite a few turkeys mounted, and had some old mounts that he put up in the attic. I asked him if he was ever going to do anything with them again and he told me they were just dust collectors, and that I could have one if I wanted it! I figured one would make a good decoy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Brewcrew and I drilled a hole through the bottom of the foam on the mount for a 'starter spot', then hammered in a B-mobile stake the rest of the way.

This is what it looks like when it's attached to a Strutt'n 360 unit! I'm PUMPED to use this opening day in April. It is controlled by a wireless remote control and works up to 100yds (so, for sure within shooting distance)! Should bring them right in to my Double-bull setup. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

cdunkin150
[/url][/img]

If any of you are interested in a strutt'n 360 unit then take a look at this website; STRUTT'N 360

I know there is also a predator hunting attachment (with a small rabbit if I remember correctly) that you can purchase to attach as well, but I couldn't find it on the website!

Re: All decked out with the Strutt'n 360

Be careful! Can't get much more realistic than that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waukon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful! Can't get much more realistic than that</div></div>

I think I would have a large tree between me and that decoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waukon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be careful! Can't get much more realistic than that</div></div>

I think I would have a large tree between me and that decoy.</div></div>

That, or a large double bull blind in the middle of a field with other decoys around it. Also, the double bull I use has a large orange flag pinned to it, and the decoy has an orange skirt to carry it in to and from the field.

The areas I am going to hunt with this are large tracts with little pressure. Those that do hunt where I turkey hunt know where and when I will be hunting.

It all depends on how and when you use it, just like anything. I wouldn't use it opening day of second season on public ground!

Safety is number one in every ethical hunters agenda, including mine.

So who wants to take advantage of this $10 referral program /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Who bought one and whos name could I use? Deke looks great!!!

Well I received mine today. 2 things I noticed, seems noisy, and doesn't have much power. The wind was strong enough today that my pretty boy wouldn't do a full 360 circle into the wind. I can hear it in my house running at 10 yards, so Id imagine a turkey could hear it at 100yds. We will see I guess. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I received mine today. 2 things I noticed, seems noisy, and doesn't have much power. The wind was strong enough today that my pretty boy wouldn't do a full 360 circle into the wind. I can hear it in my house running at 10 yards, so Id imagine a turkey could hear it at 100yds. We will see I guess. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

Did you put a new or used battery in? Had to ask because I tried a used battery and then a new battery. And with the new battery it had alot of power. There is a little buzz in the one I have in the shop but outside I can't hear a thing.

I just became a dealer for the Strutt'n 360. I'm pumped to see what the thunderchickens are gonna think of the Peep'n Tom on one of these baby's.

Also don't forget to turn the switch on the box off. It will run the battery dead.

JJohnson,

I put in a new battery out of the box, but who knows how old the battery was. I am going to get some new ones. The noise sounds loud in the house but not as bad outside. We will see. I will say it looks awesome though and I think it will work amazingly!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I received mine today. 2 things I noticed, seems noisy, and doesn't have much power. The wind was strong enough today that my pretty boy wouldn't do a full 360 circle into the wind. I can hear it in my house running at 10 yards, so Id imagine a turkey could hear it at 100yds. We will see I guess. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

Liv, when I received mine I switched the battery in the remote control. That is where I seemed to be having trouble. As for the wind issue, that has also happened to me on an occassion but it was 25+ mph winds. However, it still seemed to be able to power through, although it was struggling with those high winds. There were a few times the wind was blowing on it hard enough that I could not get it to move (I was wondering if taking out a few tail feathers would help relieve the pressure from the wind and allow it to better turn on windy days?) I've been setting mine up outside and usually it does just fine. As for the noise issue, the birds down south don't seem to care from what I have been told. This was something I was weary about at first as well, but I have seen video of turkeys that come running into a pretty boy on the unit. You are also right that when inside it seems loud, while outside I can't even hear it past 10 yards when it's calm out.

The truth will tell how these units work on opening day in just a few short weeks, but i'm with you, I think they will do the trick, and i'm really excited to try it out! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

All you need is a little movement out of your decoy to bring in birds that are hung up. The bird THA4 shot in Nebraska last year was hung up, and all i did was move the pretty boy side to side (90 degrees) with fishing line and that bird seen that and came in on a string. And THA4 even shot him with the first shot! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wapsiguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where can I get one of these?? </div></div>

Strutt'n 360

Top Bottom