Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decoy Paint?!?

H

hershy

...anyone have luck re-painting foam decoys and getting it to stick for more than a couple hunts?...

I once used jig head enamel paint somewhat thinned out with, of course, paint thinner. Worked pretty darn good. You have to be careful with your decoy so as to not crumple it up otherwise it will crack and chip. I only used it on the head and for the body I use normal old spray paint and then touch up with white on the feathers. A horned up ol' tom won't pay much attention to detail other than it's brown and available.

Don't sweat the details too much.

I have duct tape on mine where the stakes have pushed through and #5 buckshot holes in them. Had an eagle attack one a few years ago so it has some big holes in it. Does not seem to have changed their effect.

When I spruce them up I just use testors model paint for the beak and eyes. Light coats of cheap enamel (flat if possible) spray paints for the rest. I give them a light shot of copper for that morning glow. I do this about every 2 years.

Top Bottom