Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decoy Tips?

huntingkid

Im looking at getting a montana decoy to hunt with when the rut starts rolling around, never hunted with one before so dont no how effective it is. I was wondering what would i have better luck with the montana doe or the montana buck decoy?

Montana decoys

Hi i have been using the Montana doe's for 7 yrs and have got my buck each year with them. just before the rut and during they have been excellent, i use 3 of them to position in different directions, place where bucks can see them form a distance if they are looking for a doe they will COME to them. if they are chasing a doe and the doe see's the decoy she will come to it to be near another deer and bring the buck also, they are fun to watch the deer's reaction when they go around the decoy and they seem to vanish. i have had buck's come from a long ways to check them out. if it's windy they tend to move around some i place them close, touching to a tree around the neck area to keep the head steady after the rut the does seem to not like them much but i have also had a lot of does come to them also. place them within shooting range and they will come in to smell them a little grunt call to get their attention from a distance will help also. practice folding them it's not that hard to fold them some of them will be a little bluish in color where the white should be but it makes no difference well worth the money and very easy to transport, i keep them in a bag with the legs kept together with rubber bands. good luck and let us know how they work for you.:way::way::way::way: PS. largest buck was a 1581/2" doe brought the buck to the decoys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom