Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

decoy

RichardM

was hunting the other night got dark real fast so i didnt pick up my decoy (lazy) came back next morning she and stake were knocked over look over the decoy and it had hair on its back must have been looking pretty good to some buck ever have this happen to you

A hunting buddy of mine had a 3d target in his back yard. He went to put it away one morning it had hair all over it's back and the business end was all bloody! YEEEEEEEEEOUCH!!!
grin.gif

oh my god! LOL, i may have to take the videocam, and my decoy out and add some, sent, and see what happens. Thats too funny!

All, I have 5 targets in my yard around my shooting tower and two of the buck tagets were be-headed last week and a doe target was laid flat all in one night! Must have been some kind of party!! I did see a 3 pt messing with the remaining targets this weekend so maybe he is the party animal! I don't mind them knocking them down but they keep busting off all the antlers!! Later, T$
beerchug.gif

I'm not surprised, one farmer down the road from me had a ceramic buck lawm ornament broke all up durring the frist week of november a few years back. The farmer suspected vandalism and called the authorities. The investigation turned up only deer hoof prints around the lawn ornament.
smile.gif

I've never had anything that exciting ever happen while using a decoy. Usually the does have staring contests the decoy, but the decoy always wins!
grin.gif

jason

We built a new house this summer that butts up to timber. We have no yard yet, just mud, so when the acorns fall from the surrounding oaks onto the mud they make an easy meal for deer. Every night before bed I look out the windows to see if there are any deer feeding, which are usually does and the occasional small buck.

Friday night (7th) I looked out about 11pm and almost didnt notice the buck standing near my 3-D buck target which is 20 yards off the patio. I thought "ok buddy, here we go!". He postured around a bit trying to find an angle around the tree the target leans up against. Then he rammed the target in the neck as hard as he could and flipped it over, knocking the head off. My target is set up on a wood T base so I can move it around easily and it flipped up when the target fell over. I think the buck assumed there would be some resistance and that combined with the wooden T flipping up tripped the buck causing him to slip in the mud and fall on his butt! I couldnt count points because our security light isnt that bright but he was a decent buck, bigger than a basket rack. I'm guessing it was the 120's 8pt I keep seeing back in the timber. Anyway, I snuck the window open a crack and started grunting at him and he took would look at me, then the decoy, then back again. Finally he just turned around and walked off with that look on his face that said "Geez, I hope nobody saw that!"

It was an awesome sight to see. I wasnt that surprised that the target was attacked, mostly amazed at the luck of looking out the window at the exact moment to see it happen. It was one of those once in a lifetime deals. I was so excited I woke up the wife and told her about it, her response: "Deer are stupid". Chicks just dont get it.

Top Bottom