Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Decoys

tlambert

PMA Member
I know there's a thread on here somewhere about this, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm going to pick up a full body decoy this fall...I've just been using montana decoys...anyway's, I was wondering which were the all around best for quietness setting up and carrying in and ease of use. Carry-Lite, Flambeau, Delta?

Thanks

i use a carry lite....
it has been great, i carry it to the woods set up with the ears, tail and antler in my pack so they dont get knocked off.....
use very disciplined scent control!!
it is big and borderline bulky, but 3 dimensional decoys are a must. im sure the Montana Decoy will work occasionallly, but unlike geese and turkeys Deer can see 3 deminsionally, so i wont use a silloute type decoy for deer ever. they will spook at it more than work it.
IMO
but the carry lite is nice and sturdy, and i like the looks of that Boss decoy, and would own one if my wallet would allow.

Decoys add a great sense of distraction fo the set up, and starting the third or fourth weekend of october and going all the way through November, i will have a decoy up....

tons of fun!!

Good luck

We bought a Carry Lite last season and on the afternoon of Nov. 5th I decoyed in a buck across a cut corn field and shot him at 17 yards on the ground and after seeing the way that buck reacted to the decoy, I'm hooked! We bought a Flambeau Boss Buck decoy for this year too.

We keep them all together when going in, kinda a pain but they are real noisy putting them together and taking the parts out of the body cavity. The plastic on both is noisy but I think they look real awesome. I prefer the looks of the Flambeau one a lot more but the Carry Lite decoy is better, might not intimidate some bucks as much. The Flambeau decoy we bought didn't come with stakes and the ears don't adjust so they are in the "alert" position. They both have areas you can hand a scent wick on as well. I think we found the Boss Buck somewhere online for $100 plus shipping and then the Carrylite was I wanna say $140. Here are some pics to compare the two as far as body size and looks go. Hope to get some great video of some bucks showing off infront of these two!

PICT0668.jpg

PICT0670.jpg

PICT0669.jpg

I doubt it will work with the flambeau Boss but we can put the carrylite in the badlands and not take it apart. Very nice being able to carry it like that. With that said I got the boss buck for this year and am thinking of adding the bobbin head because of how well the turkey and goose decoys work.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a garage or a showroom?

Nice

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was scrolling through this thread a coworker was looking over my shoulder and asked the same thing....

I like the looks of the Boss ALOT better but was wondering if any had any comparisons against the Bobblewing Decoy?

I am in the same boat, going to buy one in the next few weeks but STILL havent decided.

Dean

I can't imagine how cool it would be to get two of the bobbin heads and put them head to head and do a little rattlin...
peace.gif

Flambuea all the way here. The carrylite looks like it should have spots compared to the Flambuea. There is really no comparison IMO.

I've been selling the heck out of the Flambeau's so can't wait to see the verdict after this season. Seen the bobbin head at a show last spring and it really didn't impress me.

I know I'll be using the boss. Might use the carrylite as a doe and the boss buck. Would be a sweet spread.

[ QUOTE ]
can't imagine how cool it would be to get two of the bobbin heads and put them head to head and do a little rattlin...

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, that could make for a hell of a video opp.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a garage or a showroom?

Nice

[/ QUOTE ]

We just put some new "car siding" its called for the paneling and a new industrial floor in it. I thought we should have done our whole basement walls with the car siding and not stain it, that would look real neat with the mounts! The car is my brothers but I keep telling him its hard to hunt and haul deer in it!
grin.gif

Question - why does Carry Lite make their deer look like a football player with the eye black? The decoy looks good, but that black on the face doesn't look like deer I've seen.

I have used the Flambeau ready doe, and the Carrylite. In my experience deer would respond ten times better to the Flambeau than the carrylite. I don't know why, but they did
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Question - why does Carry Lite make their deer look like a football player with the eye black? The decoy looks good, but that black on the face doesn't look like deer I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have used the carry lite for years and i have come to this conclusion....
the deer arent that smart....black eyes or not...that is not the kind of thing that will spook a deer...
dont forget they are just deer!

I use the Carry Lite and it works awesome for us down here. I am afraid that the mosnter Flamy Decoy will be too big but you know what the they say "The bigger the bait the bigger the fish!" I am excited to see how you all do with the Flamys this year. Good Luck!!!

Ive used the carry lite for two years and had great luck with it. If I had to go buy one again it would be the boss. It looks just mean.

ya, I used a cheap riverbottom 3-d target without antlers and had does bed next to it within 5 feet along with other does feeding near by.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine how cool it would be to get two of the bobbin heads and put them head to head and do a little rattlin...
peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got mine new bobbinhead out to test before I left for Kentucky, and that was the first thing I thought of.. I said it out loud since my wife was standing there and All I got was "
nono.gif
"

If I wasn't married, I would tellya how it works!

As a married man, I am excited to try the single!

Top Bottom