Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer aging by tooth cross section?

m_kat

Does anybody have any information on aging deer by their teeth with the cutting method,(not sure the technical name), cross section or something?

Just wondering if any one knows the details. Where to get it done, cost, teeth you need, and any other info that may be relevant.

Seems that every hunting season the how old discussion comes up. It sure would be nice to know for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cementum annuli Homepage </div></div>

Yikes! Looks like it takes awhile! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">· In 120 days or less (we guarantee it) you will know the age. Faster service is available as an optional upgrade.
</div></div>

I've been doing a little research since I posted this thread. I found one that was recomended the best by QDMA it is @

matsons lab

It is very informative on the subject.

Minimum charge is 55.00 for 1-5 teeth and 10.00 for each additional tooth.

I've done this technique on one tooth previously (since I work in a lab that has all the equipment). Let me tell you the price is fair due to the amount of work and the experience necessary for "reading" the section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cementum annuli Homepage </div></div>

Yikes! Looks like it takes awhile! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">· In 120 days or less (we guarantee it) you will know the age. Faster service is available as an optional upgrade.
</div></div> </div></div>

I use this company. They usually get it back much sooner 45-60 days. They have been spot on on the deer I have sent in. If you purchase 5 kits you can get them for $15 each. They have had a booth at the IA deer classic the last few years.

I had a tooth checked by deerage.com last year on my bowharvest. We all guessed it was a 5 1/2 year old deer, turned out he was 6 1/2. $20 is what it cost with no extras. It does take awhile, but i wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Top Bottom