Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer attractant

refusetofail

I was wondering what everyone was using for attractant in front of their cameras. What has been working the best this year? ( trophy rock, deer Cain, black magic rock, ect....)

1 part dicalcium phosphate. 2 parts big six trace mineral. 1 part fine stock salt.
Will costs 1/3 of the so called deer mineral and work and provide more than most bagged mineral designed for deer.
If im starting a new site I will add in 1 bag of deer cane black magic to this entire mix as I have seen it actually attracts deer.
If money was no option and I just wanted something to put deer infront of a camera I would choose deer cane black magic.
I hope that helps and you can find all the ingredients at any farm supply store

Go to your nearest feed store and get some Kent 365 ADE...trust me it's awesome they love it and it has everything a deer needs to assist on body health and antler growth...50lb bag will set you back 24$....it has better ingredients then anything else on the market

I've had good results with liquid deer cane, and trophy rocks. Tried some crush sugar beet last year. Worked ok, but wasn't as good as the other two. While that's convenient, I would also recommend mixing up your own batch to save some money.

1 part dicalcium phosphate. 2 parts big six trace mineral. 1 part fine stock salt. Will costs 1/3 of the so called deer mineral and work and provide more than most bagged mineral designed for deer. If im starting a new site I will add in 1 bag of deer cane black magic to this entire mix as I have seen it actually attracts deer. If money was no option and I just wanted something to put deer infront of a camera I would choose deer cane black magic. I hope that helps and you can find all the ingredients at any farm supply store

I use this recipe as well but add 1 part dried molasses to the mix. I think I paid around $55 and got 250# worth of this mix at my local feed store.

I have always bought corn for feed- but if I want to get volumes of pictures I always put out a big jug of Deer Cane and a mineral block on top and the pictures really seem to increase-

What is the difference in that and a 5 dollar mineral block?

I used lucky buck last year with great results combined with a salt block. Lucky buck as a smell attractant that a basic mineral rock doesn't have. Something else I used was BB2 and that stuff worked the best, but it's expensive. I use it to start my new mineral sites to get them coming to the area.

I've been a deer Cain guy for the last 4-5 yrs whether it's the liquid, powder , or block hanging they all work excellent !!

this year I tried a trace mineral block for $5 and cut it in half to have 2 sites and it seems to be working really well.

Top Bottom