Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Feeders

Thanks I'll have to see if I can get one built, what would you use for feed? also would it need to be painted? Thanks for the help

I don't think you need paint although I have never used one I've seen some members pictures on here that were not painted.

We dump our corn straight on the ground and they scratch at the ground for weeks making sure every last bit is gone... never had a problem or need for a feeder.

The one we actually made was a single piece of PVC with a small triangle cut out of the bottom. Then we ratcheted it to a tree to secure it with the bottom touching the ground. We didnt paint it and the deer didn't mind. It's a little hard to pour in but you could make a funnel and it would have be built as high as the trident one.

The one we actually made was a single piece of PVC with a small triangle cut out of the bottom. Then we ratcheted it to a tree to secure it with the bottom touching the ground. We didnt paint it and the deer didn't mind. It's a little hard to pour in but you could make a funnel and it would have be built as high as the trident one.

I think ares is the same as Skinny10
Its all 5in. pipe works great for us.
PICT0158.jpg

I'm a copy cat. But it works. For the coons anyways. I put in pieces of rebar to attempt to knock the antlers. Need to repostion by the looks of it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats cool! Like the rebar idea. I'll have to look at the farm tomorrow to see what we have to put on our pipe.
Great pictures!

Here are the ones I made today. I used 2"x6" for the sides, 2"x4" for the legs, and peg board for the bottom. That way the water can drain off of the corn. I spent about $45 for everything to make all 3 feed bunks. Im going to put the out tomorrow.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If you have very many deer the pipe empties out rather fast doesn't it? Three bunk feeders. How many lbs of corn do you guys feed anyway?

We only had 1 bunk at our farm but, quit using it. We had better results with the pipe less spoilage and less birds/varmits eating out of it. Plus the bucks were more skittish of the bunk??? They just stayed away from it. No clue why??
I fill our pipe every other day now that I'm shedhunting. Its empty when I get there.
I don't use corn just oats in the pipe. The deer on our farm have a standing cornfield about 100 yds from our pipe.

Looks great Jesse...those are nice!

I love the picture of that small buck looking up at that pipe going..."What the heck is this thing??" hahaha

I put an empty Maxwell House coffee tub on top to use as a scoop. He was checking to see if it was decaf.

Looks great Jesse...those are nice!

I love the picture of that small buck looking up at that pipe going..."What the heck is this thing??" hahaha

Top Bottom