Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Harvest Report ???

Iowaide

Okay, so we are now hearing that there is only going to be like 150,000 deer harvested in Iowa this year according to the news. How can we tell what this means? Does this mean the old "crystal ball" method of tallying deer kills was just that bad or is the new system just that good? If Willy is out there he can probably shed some light on this. The other thing is now what? Was this not enough or should this be expected after last years megaharvest? The next thing is more on a sarcastic note... Just how did the DNR's budget projections do for deer tag sales? It just seems like that $buck$ count has more to do with what we have seen happening in the past few years aggressive hunting regulations. Another quick thing to add with the appointment of Mr.Vonk as the new head of the DNR will we see any significant change of policy? Just all things to ponder as we head towards a new year. Probably a good time to make sure your IBA memberships are updated and you keep your ears towards the legislative trail!

...Vonk is out for the DNR & Rich Leopold of the Iowa Environmental Council is in...

Sorry, I was bass acwkards on that one. None the less at least someone actually did get replaced.....right? ha,ha

I like the call in system better than what we had but I also wonder how many people shot deer that did not call them in. The random, voluntary card reporting system might actually have provided more statistically accurate harvest data if it is simply assumed that all deer that were shot this fall were called in.

[ QUOTE ]
Probably a good time to make sure your IBA memberships are updated and you keep your ears towards the legislative trail!

[/ QUOTE ]

I must agree with you, it is time for deer hunters to become proactive.

Top Bottom