Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Locker (Ia City Area)

Liv4Rut

Hey Guys,

New to the Ia city area and was wondering what are the best lockers around to take a deer to have processed?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Guys,

New to the Ia city area and was wondering what are the best lockers around to take a deer to have processed?

Thanks,

Mike

It's not Iowa City, but I would highly reccomend Reasons in Buffalo Prairie Ill.!!!! Their meat is outstanding!! I have dealt with several lockers in SE. Ia !! Reasons is outstanding!!! Just my opinion!! :way:

Ruzickas in Solon or Buds in Riverside

If it were me I'd go to Edgewood, their sticks are fantastic

I would say Edgewood or Newhall locker. I disagree and would not recommend Ruzickas if youre going to get sticks.

I'm tired of Ruzicka's, only used Bud's once and that was for dried venison hams, wasn't that impressed. I'd probably try Tipton next.

I second Reasons, greg does a heck of a job I take all my deer there. Too far from IC though. Tipton or Riverside, I have had stuff from both that seemed pretty good, I think that the locker in Winthrop is supposed to be pretty god but you are looking at 1.5 hr drive again.

Thanks for the info guys, this helps!! I am just looking to have steaks, chops and burger made. No sticks or anything.

I second Reasons, greg does a heck of a job I take all my deer there. Too far from IC though. Tipton or Riverside, I have had stuff from both that seemed pretty good, I think that the locker in Winthrop is supposed to be pretty god but you are looking at 1.5 hr drive again.

I forgot all about reasons. I put energy efficient lights in his locker a year or two ago. Real nice guy. Of course I had to buy some sticks when I was there. He had a bunch of different flavors. Cherry, taco, pizza, etc if I remember right. They were all very good!

Edgewood...

Edgewood is the BOMB..... Their sticks, their bacon and their dried deer are all great. Try the Chili Cheese dogs too, size of a brat, and damn good. I quit Tipton as I was shorted meat a couple of times I am sure. Also heard them bend their min# rules for other hunters saying "we can make it up". Heard that first hand. Edgwood is much better quality and the same in price, just a longer drive.

If your going to just want chops, steaks and burger, have you considered doing it your self? Little extra time saves you some cash. I just started doing this my self and it is prety easy especially since I have a friend with a heavy duty grinder. We have made our own breakfast sausage and brat patties to, really easy.

Last edited:
If your going to just want chops, steaks and burger, have you considered doing it your self? Little extra time saves you some cash. I just started doing this my self and it is prety easy especially since I have a friend with a heavy duty grinder. We have made our own breakfast sausage and brat patties to, really easy.

I am so allergic to deer that I would most likely keel over on the floor trying to skin it. If I had the skin off then I would have no problem trying to figure out how to do it myself. Thanks for all of the info guys!!

I use to take all mine to tipton... they have awesome jalepeno brats!.. this yr I am taking everything to west liberty locker... by far the cleanest locker I have ever been in and very nice ppl... plus the owner lives right next door to it so u can basically drop a deer off anytime

Top Bottom