Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

deer numbers down

Whoa! I think you are reading this wrong, and I apologize if it gave the wrong impression. I have NO problem with shotgun hunting, that's why I never once said that I do! I said "stereotypical" because that's how a lot of people see shotgun hunters. The stereotype of a shotgun hunting group is a bunch of guys getting together once a year and shooting everything that moves. Not everyone is like this and I never said they were! I also said the "majority" of shotgun hunters don't know what is happening with the herd. I did not say ALL! I would say that, by numbers, there are more shotgun hunters that go out for the weekend or two weekends (depending on season) and hunt that don't truly know what is going on with the herd than there are shotgun hunters that really have a good grasp of our herd condition. Thus being a majority.

Yes I am a bowhunter, but I have no problems with any way any other hunter wants to hunt, so long as it's legal.

Again, sorry if my post made it sound like I am a "better than you" bowhunter. My bad;)

Thanks for clearing it up :way:

I would also say, that most shotgunners do only hunt one weekend or even just first season, but that is all the time that we/they get to hunt. There is not a three month long season to log hours in the field like bowhunters.

Just back from patroling my small acreage, to keep gunners out. About all any individual can do,,if you think deer are scarce, is not shoot does. I have not harmed one for 3 yrs now, and will continue until I see more deer in my area. All I can do.

Top Bottom