Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Poacher GUILTY

Poaching Doe to feed family.... Illegal but some understanding and in a super rare instance somewhat understandable. But in this day and age with Food Stamps, those free-grocery dude's are eating better than me!

Poaching a 200" deer.... GREED, GREED, GREED. This is a public & state resource and he's STEALING. I have as much sympathy for this guy as the guy who is making fraudulent Medicare claims to tax payers.

You have a responsibility with your post here.... This story "APPEARS" about as cut & dry as any I've seen. And I see controversy in many posts here each week. Most controversial issues I may and do often have an opinion on BUT might understand where the opposition is coming from. On this one, you made a point to speak up and call folks out. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here BUT it's your turn..... Fill us in on what we're missing?!?!?! I really don't see it. I see someone convicted of a crime that has no more sympathy from me than any criminal act. BUT, I'm sure not going to silence you. Please, fill us in, you have an open forum to give the other side that you felt compelled to throw in on and I'll respectfully listen. Maybe I won't agree with you BUT I sure have no problem with you having an open forum to give the other perspective if we're missing something........................

I just went to the DNR office today in my county and they have the wall ashame with the information next to it... A 234 5/8" buck was taken with a gun during late season bow and the father and son duo only got a total fine of $1,942.50 and a loss of license for to years what a joke!!! I cant believe somebody would defend an selfish act like this... There should be more public shame for the people that get convicted...

We have programs in Iowa and most other states where SPORTSMEN can donate their deer to feed the hungry. Perhaps the needy folks you mention should seek their deer meat there LEGALLy rather than poaching. I'm sorry....I don't buy it. A poacher is a poacher.

The story says the DNR confiscated the cape. Why would he keep that if he is so broke that he can't feed his family? It costs money to mount the darn things, even if you do it yourself.

Top Bottom