Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

deer stand fatality

Be careful out there guys!

HARPERS FERRY (KWWL) -
A Harpers Ferry man died Monday night after falling from a tree stand.

The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to 1338 Hawes Road in Harpers Ferry at around 7:52 p.m. Monday for a report of an unresponsive man in a wooded area.

Sheriff Clark Mellick says 70-year-old Serenus P. Platten was hunting from a tree stand and fell from the stand. He was found by a friend who was also hunting on the property.

Platten was pronounced dead at the scene.

The accident remains under investigation by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

Lost a clasmate several years back due to a stand accident. I came across several harnesses this past weekend that came with stands I have purchased. If anyone is in the Des moines area that needs one you can have one for free, just PM me. Let be safe out there guys, and let someone know where you will be just in case you may not make it home.

May God help his family thru this sad time.

I usually let someone know when I get in the treestand, and when I get out and am heading for the truck. Quick text is all it takes. Also keep my phone in an easy to reach pocket in case I need it when dangling.

Top Bottom