Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer still holdin'

D&D Flesheaters

Owner of D&D Flesheaters
I'm just curious to know how many of you are still seeing deer with antlers. We have already found 8 sheds, yet are still seeing several deer with antlers.

I'm still seeing deer holding all over also. It's hard to find them when they are still on their head
grin.gif

Saw at least 8 bucks after school today. 4 still holding, 2 half racks, and 2 shed bucks. Can't wait for the rest of 'em to drop.
waytogo.gif

After stomping the earth the last two weekends I've yet to find a shed. Today I did see over 25 deer and there was one buck that is still holding both sides. Maybe that's why I can't find any yet??? Going to a new spot tomorrow, maybe my luck will change.

Here in East central WI on Thursday I saw a group of 29 deer and at least 11 were bucks, 2 were still packing both sides. One was about a 14" 8 point and the other a little forky. I have found 9 of the other bucks horns already including 3 sets. Need to download pictures and postem!!!!!!

Wi Shedhead

So far i have seen only a few deer with full racks and a couple of half racks. They were mainly smaller deer though, but while we were out today a farmer told us a big nontypical ran from where we were walking. I too have been getting frustarated with finding no antlers but now I have reason to believe they haven't dropped a lot of them in my area. Oh well we can't get em all.

My neighbour found a 76" 5pt on his grain pile on Saturday. It has a 6 1/2" h1. That theory that big bucks shed early is crazy to me.
grin.gif
The odd thing is that he found the shed exactly 3 months after he picked up the first one dropped on his grain pile this yyear.
confused.gif

It really has not been too stressful of a year on them. I would think that would keep them packing much longer. I talked with a guy yesterday that had seen several bucks in his areas still packer either both or one side as of saturday night.

I'm seeing them as well, all over. As someone mentioned earlier, the stress-factor hasn't been that much of a problem for the deer this year. Except for a couple of ice storms, weather has been fairly mild.

It doesn't matter for me anyway, I'm probably the worst shed-hunter in America. I could watch antlers fall off and lose them in bent grass.

Good luck to the rest of you,

BT

Top Bottom