Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Tags

J

jason

I was wondering if any of you guy are wondering about the deer tags. Any of you guys red the back of them and not totally understant what it means? So any deer you shoot, it is mandatory that you report it? But what if you don't take your meet to a sluaghter house, do you still have to report it? Thanks!!!!!!!!

I think that was nixed by the legislature......so there is no need to report it.

Yeah, don't worry....you don't have to report the kill. The DNR scrapped the idea along with reporting kills with turkey tags....

I had the same thoughts when I read my tags. Like the other guys said, don't worry about it you don't have to report it.
BT

yes, that was going to be the rule. The DNR wanted to set up reporting station accross the tall corn state to gather more acurate and timely harvest data. Time & location of kill and other questions.

The state gov, the spinless twits that can give us a damn dove season decieded it was not going to happen.

Would it have been a pain in the ass? Yea, at first anyway. But I was looking forward to gleaming more information about deer. IE: Where are the bigger bucks being taken, what area is getting hit harder ect.

BUT Due to the overwhelming brillance of the wildlife biologist and hunters that are in the state legistlature, NO. Did I mention these pussywhippedspinlessasswipes continue NOT to provide us with a dove hunt.

I have been looking into bowhunting Iowa and have been reading your regulations. Im suprised that you do not have check in stations. That information is very helpful in managing your herd. In Illinois here they are talking about dropping the check stations and going to a " phone in " reporting system. Im hoping they dont. It is a pain sometimes, but if it helps im all for it.

Im also impressed with your game recovery law. Here if you shoot a deer and it crosses property lines you cannot go after it until you get permisson. If the land owner doesnt want you on there, your deer is gone. I like yours where you can go after it as long as you leave your weapon behind.

Just $.02 from Missouri...We have check stations in our state, requiring you to take your deer or turkey there to have the harvest recorded. This does two things, first, it helps in the management aspect, keeping a pretty accurate count of harvested game. The second reason is for law enforcement.

The check stations in Missouri are usually mom and pop gas stations and they receive $1 for each time an animal is checked in, which can generate a little extra revenue.

Oh, and Sludge, don't hold back on your feelings on the DNR of Iowa not holding a dove season! I can't seem to get my shotgun barrel to hit those silly things...and I can't get my wife to cook them!

It would be nice if we could keep some of the language used here for all to read. It is not just a bunch sailors and marines that visit here. Off my box.

I thought the data gathering through ELSI would have been ok since the DNR supported it. It would have been a cheap and semi convenient way to collect data.

If needed, I'll work on the dissapointments at the voting booth.

Question about check stations: Looking at Iowa currently, can the expense and effort of implimenting check stations really payoff for the Iowa hunters at this time?

It would seem to me that we are getting along fine without them. I know all the ideas and agree with most for having them. I hunted in Missouri for many years. But as much as I think they can do good, I just don't see making something more complicated that does not need fixing. And evidently many other Iowa hunters felt that way also as the legislators received lots of pressure on the ELSI reporting when it came out.

The people of Iowa had their say on that issue it would appear to me. Squeaky wheel gets greased.

If Iowa has a deer management problem, why is everyone wanting to come here to hunt?

This hunting is supposed to be relaxing is it not?

thats the problem, Iowa's deer are getting poached by Iowan's and NR. Check the deer in, understand the herd. ya better have a tag with the deer, if not slam the hammer down on em. have you ever been down in southern iowa? Then you know what I'm talking about. How could this kinfd of program not be beneficial???

duh, of course you have to call it in. if it says that you have to then that is what you have to do. so if you get one Jason(which he probably wont)you need to call it in.

Bwieland123,
You don't have to call in your kill. The tag says so but if you pay attention to the regs you would know that you don't have to. Just stating the facts.
BT

Big Timber you are stupid!!!! If it says that you have to call it in then you have to call it in. i dont care what you are any of the other hunters say but you have to call it in. You are an idiot Big Timber!!!!!!

Top Bottom