Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dical ?

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
What is the going rate for a 50lb bag this year? I could only find one place that carried it around Des Moines and they wanted $36 a bag. Maybe it's more common away from the city and cheaper...any thoughts?

I haven't priced it this year but I know it shot up to the $30 range last year... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

My dad just picked some up by his farm in Wisconsin, $24.25/50lbs. Cheaper than $30 but still up from last year.

I should have added that I bought 50lbs at the Chariton Coop for $25. With the salt and minerals it cost me $9 a station(5) with some left over for later. It's in the ground...thanks!

Thats about what it cost me. I think dical, salt, and minerals came to $47 this year. It seems the same stuff last year was around $30.

A buddy of mine made up an ingredients list with the local elavavator and ordered two ton, packaged in 50lb bags, had a sign up sheet sold it for $15.00 a bag and it paid for his mineral

Thiesen's in Tipton carries Stockade Super 6 Mineral, 50 lbs for $14. I consider this a complete lick in a bag, no need to buy or mix anything with it, IMO.

From their website, http://www.stockadebrands.com/products.cfm?productID=38&cat=8 :

Use to help build strong, sturdy frames and improve reproduction. STOCKADE Super 6 Mineral is fortified with trace minerals and vitamins and provides readily digestible phosphorus. May be fed free choice to all classes of livestock.
net wt. 50 lb

Free Choice: STOCkADE Super 6 Mineral should be self fed to all classes of livestock on a free choice basis even when feeding rations containing added mineral. Usual consumption for cattle is 3 to 5 pounds per month. This intake level will provide from 1.6 to 2.7 mg of selenium. Free choice feeding enables animals to balance their mineral requirements as needed. Consumption will vary according to animal needs, pasture management and weather. Free choice feeding stations should be located near water supply.
CAUTION: This product contains added copper sulfate. Do not feed to sheep subject to copper toxicity.

Guaranteed Analysis
Calcium (Ca) minimum 21.00%
Calcium (Ca) maximum 25.00%
Phosphorus (P) minimum 6.00%
Salt (NaCl) minimum 12.00%
Salt (NaCl) maximum 14.00%
Copper (Cu) minimum 80 ppm
Selenium (Se) minimum 36 ppm
Zinc (Zn) minimum 1000 ppm
Iodine (I) minimum 100 ppm
Vitamin A minimum 50,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D3 minimum 12,500 IU/lb

From the bag:

Ingredients: monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, dried cane molasses, iron oxide, ferrous carbonate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium seleniate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, vitamin A supplement, d-activated animal sterol, mineral oil, cane molasses, natural and artificial flavors.

Thanks Jnrbronc! That's pretty close to home (Pittsburg), do you put a bag per lick out?

Top Bottom