Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did anyone go out this morning??

hoytman1

realhunting1
Did anyone brave the weather this morning?? Where they talking?? I'm Guna go tomorrow supposed to warm up. Do you guys think they will be pretty active tomorrow?

Were are you located? I had decent weather and they were going nuts. Had a Tom hang up at 37 yards. Seen 4 toms this morning

Went out this morning in MN with my 12 yr old

One gobbling really close to our blind, but he never came in

Went out this morning, first time this year I've been out and never heard a gobble. Hens flew down at 6 fed a little bit then flew back up to the roost about a half an hour later. Never seen that before. I don't know where the toms where but if they were gobbling I couldn't hear them.

Hunted se Iowa this morning. Surprisingly the birds I was hunting were gobbling alot
. Had a close call with a tom at 15 yards. Bow hunting without a blind is proving to be tough.

hunted near Boone. Heard a few gobbles early and then they shut off. Walked a little under mile without a sign of a bird. Tough season...

Set up this morning only to wake the woods up with decoys 150 yards away?? Once it got light enough to see saw 3 guys within 30yds of them "posted" around them semi circles like a wagon train. Guy I was with decided to scrap that spot and hiked 800 yds away. to hear a gobble finally. Within 30 minutes of settup had 3 birds come in silent to attack dekes. First time I ever had a stake broken during attack! He was using a rage 2 blade and aimed for neck and got feahers. Fun hunt and we keep plugin away with stick and string!

Eastern Iowa had group tonight 5 toms 3 Jakes 4 hens snuck whim 80 yds pit out my hen, called but wouldn't come in

NE Iowa. Friend and I both shot birds today. They weren't coming to our hen call, and we saw a group walk away from us down into a valley. After about 20 minutes I told my friend to grab his Gobble call, and gobble after each of my runs. Did that three times, and 10 minutes later we had 5 Jakes at 10 yards. I shot one. Then in the afternoon, we were walking back and saw some birds in a middle of a corn field. Got set up with no decoys and start calling. They weren't coming. So I again grabbed the gobble call and just got real excited sounding with the hen call, then gobbles from the gobble call. Full out sprint in, and we had five more jakes at ten yards. My friend shot one. We only has today to hunt, so jakes were on for us.

I think in the mornings, this late in the season, regardless if weather, you got to get their attention however you can in the morning. In the afternoon, if you have a lot of birds in the area like we did, just walk around slowly. You'll find them.

Top Bottom