Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did anyone listen to the Hawkeye game on Saturday?

idsman75

I caught a bit of the Hawkeye game on Saturday. Our illustrious Governor started chatting up how great it was that Iowans were enjoying the pheasant opener. I guess it's okay to hunt pheasants but not doves. Then he really killed me. He said something about "firing off all them guns" in celebration when the Hawkeyes win. It made me sick to my stomach.

Sorry for getting political. I had to get it off my chest.

I listen to every Hawkeye game...that I'm not at. I only wish the peak of the bow season did not have to entwine itself with the peak of the Big 10! I have a feeling I'm going to pay for having my walkman in the treestand with me next Saturday afternoon when they play Purdue!

yeh i heard him. a typical politition at work. always seems worse though coming from a lib
shrug[1].gif

Egg on the Governor's face

It's so nice to see a Governor with such pity for the poor cute cuddly (and tasty) defenseless dove.

Little do most people know.....

Our Governor is one of the two people drumming up opposition to the President's "Healthy Forest" initiative which could go a long way in preventing the types of fires going on in California right now. I guess he only cares about Iowa wildlife (yeah right).

Re: Egg on the Governor's face

Maybe its becuase I watched the Hawkeyes win the Holidy Bowl back when I was in College (I was attending the school they beat). But I've always said football is for people that don't bowhunt.
grin.gif

Can't bowhunt if you're watching football all weekend. I'll stick with monday NIGHT football.

Re: Egg on the Governor's face

Our current govenor is a nimrod.

Vilsack
wstupid.gif

Top Bottom