Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did I Miss Something

I agree CW 100%- a few topics here that are addressing some issues and good factual arguments are one thing- but it seems every other day there was a new political thread. Or what I seemed to notice more this year on this site was people criticizing others choices to harvest a doe or young buck or a questionable shot they took, too far, bad angle. Going shed hunting too early in the year. Opinions are like assholes- we all have them. It just seems there are many more negative ones now these days than positive or supportive

Last edited:
I don't feel there is much bad about debate. It is good to share opposing views on situations as long as things do not get personal. Emotion should be left out of a lot of threads b/c in debate, emotion will leave you sitting second fiddle.

Personal attacks can go away. Each of us is diff't and b/c of that will view things from different angles. I guess it is part of culture to think "my way is the right way" but let's try embrace diff't views as opposed to attacking them.

Anyways, I miss the fact that hardly anyone shares anything anymore. Trail cam pics are next to nil in the summer, shed pics are almost non existent these days. I am not sure what it is, maybe a fear factor thing but realistically, people just eventually get tired of sharing with nothing shared in return. This particular aspect of the site in general has me thinking my snow bones thread will likely be the last in a long line of shed chronicle threads from north of the border. Thanks to those of you who are unafraid to show me your finds.

Last edited:
I hunted Wyoming in 2012 for antelope. Even the game warden was helpful and glad we were there. Our first day we spent in an area that wasn't holding any antelope. The game warden who came upon us redirected us and we were on antelope the rest of the trip. We also talked to a few fellow hunters and they gave us some pointers as well. I was really happy to see how welcoming they were to NR hunters.

The warden (who was a female) explained that they get a lot of $ from the sale of NR tags for all their species. They want us to be successful in our hunt so well continue to put in for tags and buy preference points.

I don't know if you'd find that in IA..I suspect not. We were also hunting public land and everyone was more than willing to help direct us to better areas. I doubt you'd find any resident hunters helping NR hunters on public land. Heck, our residents steal stands and trailcams from one another, why would they help a NR.

I have had several stnads stolen off of public ground in Iowa.I suppose it was another hunter that thought I was lazy for leaving it up all season even though the rules say u can leave them up from 7 days prior to 7 days past season.But some peoples opinions override the law.That is the problem with hunters now days.

I still don't understand why people can't just leave the stands and cameras alone. The golden rule applies here...'do unto others how you would want done to yourself'. So anytime I would ever think about taking a cam or stand...I think how would I feel? Lucky for me, I've had a few of each taken from me so I know exactly how I feel.

If asked nicely, I will usually help someone find public areas to hunt, fish, etc. I won't give away a particular hot spot I have but I'll at least get them in a general area. I had a few forum members here help me out when I moved to a new area and like to repay the favor when I can.

Top Bottom