Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did I ruin my spot.

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

OK I been hunting a nice strip of public bordering some cut beans and standing corn. I had three bucks come out tonight and had one within 52 yards. After practicing all day I felt comfortable taking the shot. Upon release of the arrow he dropped his back clean miss. O my way out of the field I had two more nice shooter bucks flag me and run back into the woods. I have only had action at night so do I try the same stand location or wait. First time I have seen more than one shooter buck on this section of public land since it borders the highway.

Prolly not ruined just stay away for a few days or a week. 50+ yards on a whitetail with a bow is questionable but to each his own I guess...

Prolly not ruined just stay away for a few days or a week. 50+ yards on a whitetail with a bow is questionable but to each his own I guess...

I agree I will stay at 40 from here on out. I'm glad it was a clean miss and not a bad hit. But after having him take his time along the corn for an hour he came in from 250 yards. I guess I haven't learned to control my anxiety.

50 yards is a poke! I have a 50 yard pin and am comfortable pounding s target all day at that range. But a deer, not so much! Lol! A lot can happen over that distance. Best of luck the rest of the season.

50 yards is a poke! I have a 50 yard pin and am comfortable pounding s target all day at that range. But a deer, not so much! Lol! A lot can happen over that distance. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Thanks. I'm going to hit another spot I the morning and try the other side in the evening.

Tagged out tonight. Same field different stand location and I had does all over tonight right about 6:30 right at last light a young 8 point came in I knew it was early in the year but being public land I took the shot 25 yards.

Top Bottom