Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital camera help

Daver

PMA Member
All - if you were going to buy a digital camera, not a trail camera, but a regular photographic still camera, which one would you buy and why?

Any input by tomorrow, 12/24, at 10:00A would be appreciated. ( Yes, I have been too busy deer hunting and just started Christmas shopping tonight and will need to finish tomorrow!)

Thanks.

There is one camera out there that is only a 2 mega pixel camera but it has a 6X zoom and 3X digital zoom. You'll get great 5 x 7s with this resolution and I thinks the extra zoom would be sweet. I am sorry I can't remember who's camera it was but it was the only one with that kind of zoom. Merry Christmas.

I have at work one of the Sony digitals. I don't ahve the model number available but hey make 2 models both of which you can load standard floppy discs in. Makes it very simple after the pictures are done to access on your computer. They have both models in Walmart and both have many features. Sell for $298 and $348 depending on the model. They take great pictures.

I purchased a Kodak 4330 digital as a Christmas gift for my wife. Haven't used it yet (still wrapped up), but the reviews were extremely positive. I also bought it with the optional docking station, which stays hooked to your computer. It makes it very easy to download photos to your pc. I bought it on Amazon.com for $349 for the camera and docking station. The camera itself can be purchased in Best Buy, and I think Wal-Mart for about $299. The docking station is $60 -$80 if purchased separately. This is a 3.1 megapixel camera, which puts out top notch photos. If you don't want the docking station, that's no big deal - there are other ways to get to photos to your pc. Happy shopping !

There are a lot of great cameras out there, if you are planning on using it for wildlife make sure that you get one that has a good zoom (6x or better). I also think you would be better off with a optical zoom rather than a digital zoom if you plan on printing them off. The digital zoom will make the pictures look grainy, and the resolution for printing out the picture will only be as good as your printer, you will want to have a printer that will let you print pictures out at 2300 dpi for best results.

later
Doug

Hope you found what you were looking for. Sony makes a good camera. Just depends on what you are willing to spend.

I ended up buying a Canon PowerShot S30. It is a 3.2 mega pixel with a 3x optical zoom. So far I really like it. Thanks for the ideas.

Top Bottom