Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital or DVD?

KSQ2

PMA Member
My wife and I are looking into purchasing a video camera. I was interested in the DVD cameras but have been told to stick with digital. We do film hunts occasionally, but for the most part this will simply be a "home video" camera. For those of you who've gone the digital route, how difficult is it these days to download to the computer and produce a DVD? I was told I could buy a direct burn program with a digital camera as an option so I wouldn't have to download in order to produce a DVD; from my understanding the file goes directly from the camera to the DVD burner, is that a good option? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I'm very much a novice at this stuff.
confused.gif
We have about $600 budgeted for this...

It's not hard just takes a little time. I would be worried about getting a dvd cam as well. My opinion buy digital and use your PC to convert to DVD.

I agree. I have a Sony handycam DV. Don't remember the model, but it was around $450 and takes great video and still pics. Its easy to download to PC, edit, and burn to DVD.

Top Bottom