Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dirt/PH/Lime type question...

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey all,

I have a friend that works for a large Excavating/Concrete Mix/Demelotion Landfill business.

They have these large piles of what he calls ?marrow? His boss is REALLY into foodplots and QDM. He just told my hunting partner that that pile of ?marrow? tests as high as lime on the PH scale. His boss said he was going to spread it on some test plots to see if it helps raise the PH.

I guess it comes from 10-15ft below the water table and its a really fine almost powder substance and when it gets wet it turns to a clay like substance. They must have 500yards of it?

Any idea what the stuff is really called or anything about this stuff?

Dean

I have heard of scoria, red dog, muck, slag, and soft limestone associated with earth moving/excavating. ?marrow? I don't know. Quite a bit of blasted rock can be very fine and get soggy or be "clay-like" when wet. Is any of this material from around coal areas?
I'd get a better description before I put this on a plot. Let us know what you find out.

Top Bottom