Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dirtbags at work!

Justified. He's lucky he wasn't stripped & tied to a tree. Trespassers have NO rights & you warned him to take the stand with him.

Shedder you should have got his car and bow as well. It takes some pretty large ones to argue with the land owner’s son about who has permission or not. I have had the exact same experience hunting birds on my dads place, twice. Once it was twenty minute before legal shooting on opening day. The group I stopped already had two birds and where they ever pissed when told to leave immediately. Cussed and swore all the way to their trucks.

If its on your "land" its yours. Help yourself.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
my dads place. I told him to pull his stand when he left or it would not be there the next morning...... never saw him there again......Justified or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple of stands I got the same way. I have sole permission to hunt a relatives property. It is located in an area that has seen lots of small acerages pop up and it is near the Coralville Res. When I'm not hunting the place, I patrol it looking for stands. I figure that if someone wants their tree stand back, they can have it for pleading guilty to trespassing. Fair trade?

[ QUOTE ]

No I won't actually take it, but it sure makes me wonder why a guy would leave a high dollar stand out like that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had a tree stand taken from my property in the 15 years I've owned it.
grin.gif

I have probably 10 - 12 portables that stay out the year round with the exception of my lone wolf stuff that I like to keep at arms length when I find that smoke'n hot spot.

Same here Ghost. Except the ones we leave out up at my father-in-laws are home built out of steel. They way a ton and beleive me when you hang one of those babies you just leave it until the tree falls down.

I agree, I have some home made ones out I do not take down, but if I pay $200 + for a stand, you can darn well bet I will be keeping a very close eye on it. If someone takes one of my home made ones, I wish him well. If I leave a $200.00 temptation out there, and it gets ripped off, I guess I will blame myself first, and keep an eye out for whom ever took it.
I also mark all my purchased ones in a manner and place that cannot be removed or covered up without being obvious. Now if I leave one up far a few days during season, and it gets ripped off, you can bet I will be hot. I guess I figure we owe it too ourselves to take care of our stuff first. If we leave it around tempting others with it, at some point in time, it is much our fault as theirs.

[ QUOTE ]
If we leave it around tempting others with it, at some point in time, it is much our fault as theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not our fault if someone has greedy fingers despite the circumstances

I lock my car at night and at the mall, I lock my house when I am not home. I don't leave property I deem valuable where it can tempt others. If I do and someone steals it, I feel as much responsible as I do anger. Stealing is never right, even if it's someone's stand that was trespassing on my property.(2 wrongs do not make a right)If I enable someone to take advantage of a bad situation I am as guilty as he is. If he's a "dirt bag" I am probably a "dumb ****".
Leaving a stand where others have access to it several months after the close of season, should but some of the blame on the enabler, not just the perpetrator. Hunting season is over, pull your stands, protect your property and your hunting spots. There is no need advertising where you hunt. Next season you'll find someone's stand 20 yards down the trail... I wonder why?
Sorry for venting a bit, just one of those little things that trips my trigger

If I find a stand 20 yards down the trial on my own property you can bet it will be stashed in my barn the same day.

The owner is more than welcome to stop by and pick it up right along with his tresspassing ticket.
grin.gif

I think we have the posts mixed up- this one started about a theft on private property. Why should I have to take a stand down? I'm tempting someone to steal it? Trespassing is a crime & no one should make excuses for the criminals that take your stuff.

Find the people that took your steps, dress um up like deer and turn them loose in a residential neighborhood in Buffalo and then call the cops .
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom