Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Discovery Kids - Adventures of A.R.K.

joebell

Does anyone else out there have the Discovery-Kids channel. If so turn it on now, Tues. from 5:30 to 6:00....They are airing one of the most anti-hunting childrens programs I have ever seen. More to follow for those who don't get the channel....

Disgusting...........;(

This show is right out of PETA or other terrorist group similar to them.....

The plot of the program is several friends trying to talk another out of going bowhunting and instead taking a camera to the woods...the young female hunter goes on to wound a doe, with a fawn close behind of course. The doe lives and the young hunter gets hurt. I coudn't stand to watch all of it but now it appears as though the hunter is lost and an "animal shelter" has rescued the doe and fawn (when they showed the animal shelter picking up the deer, they focused on the arrow sticking out of its back hip and blood all around it). Now the girl is lost to spend the night in the woods and the poor mother deer is dead and they are nursing the fawn back to health to later be release back into the wild.... what a bunch of propoganda..I made my daughter turn the channel and them blocked it out on our cable system. My daughter(age 8) has seen me with several harvested deer, has watched me clean and process deer, and loves venison - after watching this she asked me how I could kill a mother deer >>>>>to say the least I was not pleased.....

I guess its just another example of how out numbered we as hunters are....

Sorry to vent but this really bothers me.........

Joebell, I guess this proves just how important it is that we as hunters band together to fight these groups. We spend so much time nit-picking with each other over petty grievences, like resident and non-resident issues, when we should all be focusing on the BIG picture. If these groups get there way, the future of the sport we all love so much will be lost. I think we should bombard Discovery Channel with e-mails about our position on there narrow minded view.
flaming.gif
(This is the link to send them an e-mail) http://www.discovery.com/utilities/about/contact.html

Much to my chagrin, I've found the episodes in question:
The series title is "Adventures of A.R.K."
The episode title was "Shoot to win"

They will soon be airing another similar program in a week or two after this episode re-runs a few times and it's title is "Hunting by numbers" Kids will save an elephant from a hunting situation. They refer to it as a "Canned Hunt"

I've written a letter to the people at Discovery, and hope everyone else will take the time to do so.

Nice work jobell this show doesn't stand a chance in my house! If I knew how you make those links I would. I just searched for "kids discovery" and I just followed it to their T.V. schedule there I found the show names with brief descriptions of each show. Sickning!
Pupster

Top Bottom