Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Disgusting

Last sentence said it,"Becoming a rich man's game". The wild game that is. Guess I am a, "Blue Geen", hunter,,and proud of it!

"...Then, a few years ago, Trejo learned that private landowners control most opportunities to hunt pronghorn (commonly called antelope) -- even on public lands where they hold grazing allotments."

That's very interesting considering that's either Federal land (BLM most likely) or state trust land. In most states, having the grazing lease does NOT give you the hunting rights. Not sure how they can do that on public land, unless its some crazy stipulation in the NM BLM (not surprising) or the State. Here in AZ, it is VERY clear that ranchers with public land grazing leases DO NOT own, nor control access to any recreational use of that public land (State or Federal). I'm with River1 and Dominator: Disgusting! :thrwrck:

Just give it 15 years. I guess just enjoy it while we can. I don't know if my kids will be able to enjoy the same things I do now.

A wonderfull study of social issues meeting wildlife management.

Sounds like a good way to describe what is going on in Iowa and alot of other states in regards to wildlife management.

amen to enjoying it while we've got it, because it IS changing.

sucks that some people have been purchasing points in western states for years and will likely never draw their trophy tag because time just isn't on their side.

Top Bottom