Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Displaying deer mounts in a metal building?

Rut Hunter

Wondering if anybody has any ideas of how to display full shoulder mounts in a metal building. Wife doesn't want them in the house so I am wondering how to hang them in my shop? I don't have an flat wall space to drill screws. I have quite a few so it would look weird spacing them all out on the studs. Anybody have any ideas or pictures of their man cave areas? Thanks

So the building is studded walls and not pole? Is the there electrical ran on the walls if not couldn't you pull the tin off and run 2x4's/2x6's on end flush between studs and then you could mount them where there are boards. I know people in their house put 3/4" plywood on the studs behind the sheet rock so they screw virtually anywhere and hang, but I'm guessing it would be fairly difficult to do this now that with your set up.

You can just take a short piece of 2x6 and place it between the high ribs. Run 6 self drilling screws into the metal wall panel than put a screw in the wood and hang the head. It will hold fine

Thanks for the ideas guys. One idea I am kicking around is getting a hold of a big piece of barn wood and screwing it across. I think it would give it a cool rustic look maybe. Might even look cool in the corner of a building where the sides come together so that it would protrude outward from the building walls. Has anybody done anything like this or have any pictures?

Anything looks good with old barn wood. If you are talking about an actual pole barn with exposed poles. I think it would be sweet to have one shoulder mount hanging from each pole.

Top Bottom