Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DIY Bow Stand

zvholk

I’ve been looking for a bow stand to use in the blind but not having much luck, so I decided to make my own. Sorry if I’m being hardcore.
IMG00369-20120126-0948.jpg

First I thread tapped a 6/32 hole in each of the long nuts so the thumb screws will clamp down on the old fiberglass arrows that I’m using for the legs.

The hardest part was figuring out the correct angle to weld the nuts onto the plate. To do this I used a strong magnet to hold everything in place and made sure it was going to keep my bow upright before I welded it.
IMG00371-20120126-1650.jpg

I added some rubber grommets to the bottom of the legs so it won't sink in the dirt as easy.
IMG00370-20120126-1646.jpg

Most of the materials I found around the house but had to buy the nuts and bracket. Total cost was around $7.00

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Very nice! You'll love it in the turkey blind!
Use something very similar myself but it cost more than $7! (and yours is just as nice if not better)
If you'd be willing to make up a couple more sets I'm sure I could get em sold for you.

I’ve been thinking about making more and selling them, but need to try this one on different bows first to make sure its not bow specific. I also need to find more thumb screws and something that I can use for the legs besides using old arrows.

Think I can sell a bunch of them?

You could try fiber glass tent poles for legs. I grab these whenever I find them layin around. I make pretty nice shooting sticks from them...........ck

Top Bottom