Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Iowa harvest link ??

BJohnson

If somebody smarter than me can find the 2012 deer harvest info. on the Iowa DNR website, I would appreciate a link posted in this thread.

Thanks

80,000 deer harvested isn't a whole lot. Kinda scary.

Why is that scary? The less deer shot this year the more there will be next year right. We as hunters need to take this deer population thing in our own hand and not let braindead tell our dnr how many deer need to be harvested each year. Lets not have people saying if its brown its down.

Huh? Isn't this this years hunting season? So there should be one

For last years 2011-2012? What am I missing here?

I really don't know. Last year I checked it all the time and I saved the link into my favorites. This year I clicked on the link thinking that it would not work because I thought last years would of been different but to my suprise the 2012 harvest report showed up. very strange.

Why is that scary? The less deer shot this year the more there will be next year right. We as hunters need to take this deer population thing in our own hand and not let braindead tell our dnr how many deer need to be harvested each year. Lets not have people saying if its brown its down.

Scary to me because of all the dead deer being found. Especially in southern Iowa. I've talked to landowners and hunters that have found a LOT of dead near water.

What's suprising to me is to look at the Wayne, Decatur, Union, and Ringold counties. Very few deer harvested in those counties. Those counties at one time had some of the highest deer concentrations. Madison County I would say is below where they usually are at this time. I know these counties were very hard hit by ehd, plus the first four counties are in the lower two tiers of counties for the late season high power season.

Want to see the effects of EHD- compare Van Buren (SE) to Clayton (NE)? They used to rival each other for top county of harvest. VB is half of Clayton year to date.

It will be interesting to see what happens this last weekend.

Looks like we will roughly be 10000 deer behind last year not counting

the extra doe seasons. Also with the limited quotas on does this year

we might be pretty close to last years?

Thank you for the link.

Top Bottom