Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR meetings

moosehunter

PMA Member
I would encourage people to go to one of these if you possably can. It may be after the fact but more voices is what we need.

DNR to Host Public Meeting April 19 on Proposed Wildlife Rules
Posted: March 22, 2005

DES MOINES - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is hosting a public meeting to discuss a number of new proposed regulations covering deer hunting, fall wild turkey hunting, and waterfowl seasons. The meeting will be conducted over the Iowa Communications Network (ICN) on April 19, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"This is an opportunity for our hunters and people who support wildlife to give us some feedback on these regulations," said Dale Garner, chief of the DNR's wildlife bureau. "We will go over the proposed regulations and take comments from anyone willing to speak, then, if there is any time remaining, we will open the discussion to other topics."

The proposed changes include increasing the number of antlerless deer only permits, establishes the fall 2005, spring 2006 hunting seasons and bag limits, proposes a statewide two day September Canada goose season, and increases the spring and fall opportunities for turkey hunters.

The DNR will have staff members from the wildlife bureau at each site to help with the meeting.

ICN Locations: Ames Iowa State University 7, Scheman Building, Iowa State Center, Room 160
Bettendorf Scott Community College, 500 Belmont Road, Room 210
Burlington Burlington High School, 421 Terrace Dr.
Calmar Northeast Iowa Community College, Dairy Education Center, 1527 Hwy. 150 South, Room 114
Cedar Falls University of Northern Iowa 8, Lang Hall, Room 385
Cedar Rapids Kirkwood Community College 2, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW, Room 203B, Linn Hall 203B
Chariton Chariton High School, 501 N. Grand, Room 116
Creston Green Valley Area Education Agency 14, 1405 N. Lincoln, Turner Room
Council Bluffs Iowa Western Community College 1, 2700 College Road, Looft Hall
Dubuque Keystone Area Education Agency 1, 2310 Chaney Road, Room 2
Fort Dodge Fort Dodge High School, 819 N 25th St., Room 12
Iowa City Iowa City Public Library, 123 South Linn St., Meeting Room D
Marshalltown Iowa Valley Community College District, 13702 South Center St., Continuing Education Center, Room 806
Mason City North Iowa Area Community College 3, 500 College Dr., Careers Building, Room 129
Ottumwa Ottumwa High School, 501 E. 2nd , Voc. Tech. Bldg., Room 157
Sioux City Western Iowa Tech Community College 2, 4647 Stone Ave., Building A, Room D201
Spencer Spencer National Guard Armory, 11 East 23rd Street
West Des Moines Valley High School, 1140 35th St., Room

Here's a link also. DNR

Thanks for the info moosehunter.

We have ICN capabilities here in Clarinda were I work. If there is enough interest from members in SW Iowa I may be able to get the room open so members down this way can participate.

Please send me a PM if anyone is interested.

Ron

Top Bottom