Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR to hold public meetings

I find it very hard to believe Clayton county's deer population is that much different than Allamakee and Winneshieks. I would like to know how they came about these numbers.

Don't get me wrong it's great that they want to change. I just wished they would've lowered quotas across the board. There's some blood thirsty mo-fo's out there and I'm thinking they're gonna want to flock to Allamakee and Winneshiek if they're areas quota's sell out.

I believe that all the counties in the NE Iowa were/are to high! I can tell u this much, we hunt in Clayton, but I live and work in winneshiek and allamakee. this much I can guarantee u, both winneshiek and allamakee have significantly n I do mean significantly more deer after these last 3 seasons. not that Hunters down there are better Hunters or any ridiculous thing like that. the simple n honest truth is it's easier terrain to hunt.

I'm hopeful that both of those counties get tag relief soon also!

Anyone else headed to council bluffs? I'm planning to, but may be a little late arriving. I would bet I would be up for a beer afterward though if there's any takers.

Any word on which 4 counties may do away with the november antlerless season? I didn't see anything regarding that in the proposal.

I got a strange feeling Branstad wont go for any of it.

Top Bottom