Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do people know how to tell time any more?

GotRack

I had to go to the Iowa DNR website to make sure the legal shooting hours for phesant hadn't changed. Every day I've been out I've heard shots as early as 7:35 AM and as late as 4:50 PM. I know they are hunting phesants as they are all generally coming from the road (road hunters). Sure wish I could do something about it but call the TIP hotline just wouldn't cut it.
Anyone else having this happen?

Every weekend! I have heard shots as late as 5:00. Two years ago my dad and I were working on his kitchen remodel and we were in his shop cutting some crown when a shot went off next to his shop. It was about 4:50-5:00ish and he dropped a roster 50 yards from us. People don't respect others that much anymore. Atleast all you hear about are the ones that ruin it for everyone else.

Ive actually heard many shots the past couple weekends at first light! its kinda nuts.. we got out of our treestands and i walked up to my moms bf and asked him if the time had changed... he was lost also! this is gettin pathetic!!!!

What do ya spose people are shooting when it's dark and ya hear the unmistakenable crack of a high power??
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I hear shots until dark almost every hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

and there are very few pheasants around my area
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

The first person I ever called the TIP line on was carrying a high power during late muzzy season. The dumb ass walked 40 yards from my stand, I yelled and asked who he was and if he had permission to be hunting the land. He said yes and went along his way. I figured I'd sit and see if any thing would sneek out behind he and his partner. Well about 1/2 hour later I hear a single shot from the muzzy hunter, and then 7 fast shots from this guy. I didn't realize how fast some people could reload muzzle loaders.
smirk.gif

I am not saying this is the case because I don't know where you all are hunting but perhaps it is some crazy waterfowlers...
grin.gif

1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset... Just food for thought. The ducks/geese are starting to hit those corn fields...
waytogo.gif

That's what I thought in my area LC,that it was guys field hunting waterfowl.Did it in my younger day's but too much work and cant afford all those decoys for a good set up.
smirk.gif

Top Bottom