Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do Scents make any Sense?

loneranger

Hello again Ladies and Gentlemen Hunters. I have been told Deer Scents and Mock Scrapes, all that, is mostly a waste of time. I realize anything might work once or twice, but some have told me they scared off more than they saw? What are your experiences with Scent techniques ? Thank You!

I would say the advise you got from someone that scents don't work did not know how to use them. If used appropriatly, they can be a real asset to your tactice. Do they work everytime? NO

One of the keys to using scents is to never....repeat, never mix your scent with it unless you want to experience the bad issues associated with usage.

Thank You for your advice about using scents correctly, but How ,,,do you keep from contaminating bottled scent with your scent, when you put it out? Describe correct use of scents. Thank You.

I use latex or rubber gloves when handeling wicks, wafers, cotton balls, etc.. and put all unused items in ziplocs and then ziploc again. Grandpa alwasys said, "deer hunting is like having sex, you never go in without your rubbers"
grin.gif

Hunt on All4s

John Collins of James Valley scents has put together a usage instruction sheet that has far more info than I can attempt to type. As soon as my order gets placed and gets here, I will post or email you a scanned version.

i hope you can get that posted, mock scrapes is something i am wanting to try out this year

Top Bottom