Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do WE want to be the next Communist state?

As you know, the gun grabbers nationwide are working overtime now to cram gun control down our throats in the wake of the recent mass shootings that have occurred.

We've watched our friends in other states lose their gun rights - this year - through their state general assembly.

Here in Iowa, we've enjoyed a somewhat quiet first month in the general assembly.

All that is over now.

Late last week, the House Democrats introduced sweeping legislation (HF 164) that would require ALL firearms transactions in Iowa be registered with the government.

While claiming that registration will help to stop crime, what this does, in reality, is to establish a state wide gun registry.

This is especially concerning in light of Rep. Dan Muhlbauer's proposal from earlier this year to ban and confiscate ALL semi-automatics in the state. Before he could enact his house-to-house gun ban, he'd need to know where the guns are. HF164 would give him the list he wants!

While it may seem absurd, because it is, this would mean that you can not give your old hunting rifle to your grandson without getting government permission first!

You wouldn't be able to give your adult daughter a self-defense firearm when she moves out of your home.

I'm sure you'll agree that the last thing we need in Iowa is the government knowing exactly who owns what kind of guns.

But I just left the Capitol after meeting with some of the pro-gun legislators there and learned that the gun-grabbers have also introduced HF163 - a permanent state level ban on the transfer of all "high cap" magazines.

This language would:

*** Ban the sale or transfer of every magazine in Iowa that holds more than 10 rounds;

*** Leave us one quick step away from a ban on all magazines that you currently own;

*** Make violators of this statute a convicted FELON and liable for fines in excess of $6,000!

(Please understand that while the technical term for the sentence is an aggravated misdemeanor, a conviction under this statute carries a two year jail sentence. Any conviction or sentence of 365 days or more is seen as a felony conviction in the eyes of state and federal authorities.)

This is outrageous!

"But you don't need more than 10 rounds to go hunting" the gun grabbers will say. "Only a mass murderer needs more than a few rounds" the media will complain.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of the anti-gunners trying to make me feel guilty for being a gun owner!

I'm sick of their attempts to make us cower in shame as though it was a law abiding gun owner will murdered 20 children last year at Sandy Hook Elementary!

It was a blood-thirsty killer and the anti-gunners so-called "Gun Free Zones" that are to blame for these recent tragedies - not you and me.

We can not give in now. If we do, the anti-gunners will press on and take away even more of our rights and freedoms, as they did in New York State just last month.

Please get involved immediately by:

1. Contacting the House Judiciary Chairman, Chip Baltimore, and insist that he use his power as Committee Chairman to "kill" HF 163 and HF 164 by taking no action on these bills. You can contact him at: [email protected] or by calling the Capitol switchboard at 515-281-3221.

2. Calling your personal Representative immediately and making sure that he or she knows that you expect them to "vote no to gun control" at every step in this process. The sub-committee, full committee, a Floor vote - these are all places to stop this legislation in its tracks. You can find out who your State Representative is right here.

3. Please take a moment to send this alert to every pro-gun friend you have. They are coming after us now. They want your mags, your semi-autos, you right to not tell the government what guns you own - they want it all. And we need ALL Iowa gun owners involved in this fight. Tell them to go to our website at www.IowaGunOwners.org to get free alerts and be engaged in this fight!

Please make your calls and emails today. Let's stop this legislation now, before it gathers a head of steam.

If you want to join or support Iowa Gun Owners in this fight, click the "Join IGO" link below.

For Freedom,
Dorr%20Sig%20resized.JPG

Aaron Dorr
Executive Director
Iowa Gun Owners

P.S. Certain House Democrats are relentlessly pursuing their agenda of gun control this session.

Just in the last few days they've introduced bills to create a state wide gun registry and now a bill to ban sale and transfer of all magazines that hold more than ten rounds of ammunition.

Please help IGO defeat this legislation by contacting the House Judiciary Chairman, Chip Baltimore, and insist that he "kill" HF163 and HF164 by taking no action on these bills.

Last edited:
My highest capacity magazine holds 8 rounds, it is a Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP. It's the only firearm I use for self defense in my home. It NEVER leaves my house. I do not have, nor want a carry permit, I don't need one. I will be a criminal and go to prison if theses communists that have invaded our country get their way. I am taking up the fight for YOU guys. Those with the modern sporting rifles. Those with mega round magazines. Those that want to carry, need to carry. PLEASE don't sit by with your thumbs up your as....er noses! Do what we, as Americans, NEED to do to defend our Constitution from "...all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC" The President, the gun grabbers ARE domestic enemies, make no mistake about it. Come on guys, make the calls, write the letters, tell the grabbers they're FIRED! Help yourselves to help everyone!

There are 20 U.S. senators, in particular, who hold the fate of your freedom in their hands.

These senators represent states where gun ownership is respected and our Second Amendment freedoms are revered.

But right now, they're facing huge pressure from the gun ban lobby and Barack Obama to support Obama's extreme gun control agenda!

So please, call each of the senators below and tell them to vote NO on any gun ban...NO on any magazine ban...NO on criminalizing private firearm transfers...and NO on any gun registration scheme.

Sen. Max Baucus - 202-224-2651
Sen. Mark Begich - 202-224-3004
Sen. Susan Collins - 202-224-2523
Sen. Joe Donnelly - 202-224-4814
Sen. Kay Hagan - 202-224-6342
Sen. Martin Heinrich - 202-224-5521
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp - 202-224-2043
Sen. Tim Johnson - 202-224-5842
Sen. Tim Kaine - 202-224-4024
Sen. Angus King - 202-224-5344
Sen. Mary Landrieu - 202-224-5824
Sen. Joe Manchin - 202-224-3954
Sen. Claire McCaskill - 202-224-6154
Sen. Mark Pryor - 202-224-2353
Sen. Harry Reid - 202-224-3542
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen - 202-224-2841
Sen. Jon Tester - 202-224-2644
Sen. Mark Udall - 202-224-5941
Sen. Tom Udall - 202-224-6621
Sen. Mark Warner - 202-224-2023
Spread your calls out over several days if you need to.

And remember: It doesn't matter if you do not live in these senators' states - YOU NEED TO CALL THEM. After all, the votes they cast will affect you no matter where you live!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to winning this battle. Now is not the time to let up! Call each of these 20 senators as soon as you can.

By working together, we can defeat the Obama gun ban agenda and save the Second Amendment!!!

Last edited:
Tell Your State Senator You Don’t Want Your Firearms Tracked, Taxed, or Taken! This week, long-time anti-gun state Senator Jack Hatch (D-17) introduced Senate File 233 seeking to criminalize the private transfer of firearms. SF 233 would make it a crime for a private individual to transfer his or her legally-owned firearm without going through a federal firearm licensed dealer (FFL) to conduct a background check on the transferee. Exceptions are made only for “immediate family members” and individuals possessing permits to acquire or carry. The provisions would apply to all gun sales, gifts, loans, rentals or trades between friends, neighbors, co-workers or more-distant relatives. These restrictions would also apply to temporary transfers during hunting or target practice. SF 233 has been assigned to the Senate Committee on Education although a hearing date has not been scheduled at this time.
In addition to these absurd burdens, law-abiding individuals would be subjected to limitless transfer fees for any transfer--including simply lending a firearm to a hunting buddy for a weekend hunt. Criminalizing private transfers through the so-called “universal background check” scheme is unworkable and unenforceable and is the first step towards a “universal registration scheme.” The Obama Administration , in a January 2013 report, admitted that the effectiveness of this effort “depends on…requiring gun registration.”
Not surprisingly, criminals will not submit to any background check scheme. The only individuals who will be impacted by the bureaucratic and onerous requirements in this proposed legislation are law-abiding citizens.
Please contact the members of the Senate Education Committee and your state Senator TODAY and politely urge them to oppose SF233 and all other gun control measures. Also, tell them it is time to focus on REAL SOLUTIONS like stopping straw purchases, addressing the broken mental health system and aggressively prosecuting violators of state and federal firearm laws.

Last Friday, an “army” of anti-gun activists announced new plans to push for federal gun control.

The Washington D.C.-newspaper “Roll Call” recently ran a piece entitled, “Organizing for America Plans 'National Day of Action' to Mobilize Grass Roots on Guns.”

It went on to say:

“Organizing for Action is planning its first official mobilization in support of President Barack Obama’s proposals to curtail gun violence. The nonprofit that inherited Obama’s campaign infrastructure and 2 million strong volunteer army will hold a ‘national day of action’ on Feb. 22, officials said Tuesday.”

The orchestrated attacks on our gun rights began with the President's State of the Union address in which he packed the house with families of victims of violent psychopaths.

Since then, Obama’s been on the road selling his plan to use his campaign infrastructure to disarm America’s gun owners.

Gun owners are being attacked from all sides.

The Feinstein Gun Ban. Expanded federal Brady checks that would lead to national gun registration.

Obama’s unconstitutional Executive Orders. Increased intimidation of gun dealers from the ATF under the guidance of a radical Attorney General Eric Holder.

Anti-gun fat-cats like Mayor Bloomberg and George Soros spending millions of dollars to produce misleading surveys and TV ads as well as flooding Congress with anti-gun bills that seek to ban hundreds of firearms and gut our Second Amendment rights.

But we have a voice too . . .

Time and again gun owners have shown it is politically dangerous to mess with the Second Amendment.

I am asking you, as a defender of the Second Amendment, to reiterate that message.

I’m hoping that National Association for Gun Rights members like you will join me in making five phone calls today and tomorrow.

Specifically, we are asking you to call: 1. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell at 202-224-2541.
2. House Speaker John Boehner at 202-225-0600.
3. Your Congressman: 202-224-3121.
4. Your Senator: 202-224-3121.
5. You Senator: 202-224-3121.
Let them know that: *** None of the President’s gun control agenda is acceptable – not the Feinstein Gun Ban, not expanded federal Brady checks or National Gun Registration;
*** Because “compromise” means losing freedom, you will not “compromise” on this issue, including any compromise of your Second Amendment rights;
*** When speaking to your Congressman, ask them if they have signed the Stockman-Broun letter to Speaker Boehner that insists he have the backing of a majority of Republicans before he brings any gun control legislation to the floor.
Your voice is a powerful one on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Please take action to protect your gun rights TODAY!

For Freedom,
DWBsigBlue.jpg

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President
P.S. Obama's anti-gun goons are spending tens of millions of dollars to lobby Congress to restrict your gun rights.

Please make five calls today to the numbers listed above to overpower any pressure the gun-grabbers are putting on Congressmen and Senators.

I have to give pause. I can't do it alone guys. I just came to realize, that when we lose our 2nd amendment, there will no longer be a use for this site, and other sites we all enjoy in the pursuit of our livelihoods and hobbies. When we can no longer use our guns to shoot game , what's going to happen to hunting? We HAVE to act. We can't just sit on our thumbs and expect others to do it for us. It's going to take ALL of us. It's not a joke or a laughing matter.

I have no problem with these sorts of posts, but please put them in the appropriate forums, thanks.

And I have no problem with you moving them, as long as you're able to do so while retaining the information in them. Unfortunately, when you moved this one, it seems to have made a large part of it unreadable. For instance, try to find Sen. Tim Cain's phone number. :moon: (This is cute)

I have no problem with these sorts of posts, but please put them in the appropriate forums, thanks.

In the past 5 or 6 years as a moderator redirecting a thread like this has never done anything to the posts in the thread before. I guess there's a first time for everything though.

In the past 5 or 6 years as a moderator redirecting a thread like this has never done anything to the posts in the thread before. I guess there's a first time for everything though.

It's not a real problem, the page just isn't translating the table correctly. It wasn't my code, as I copied it from an NRA message sent to me, but I'll straighten it out.

Thanks for keeping the posts, they ARE critically important for the generations in the future as well as in our own, trying times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom