Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do you name your treestands????

Big Timber

Last year I started a topic on deer nicknames so thought this year we could do stand names.
Here's a few of mine:

Too Tall Tommy; 30 ft from the ground.

Old Yeller; It's been there since the civil war

The wheelhouse; two stands where nothing gets by

The Nursery; staging area for does and fawns

Death Valley; every time I sit in it something dies

Woody; another old wood stand that appears to be hanging by one nail

Yardsale; looks like an early settler's tree fort

Any others?

BT

We have a
Killer Stand - cause the first year we owned the property we shot 3 bucks from the same stand during shotgun season.

Car Seat - before we bought the property someone got the idesa of puting a full car seat up on a branch about 30 feet high(how they accomplished that, i dont know). All thats left now is a little cushin and a lot of springs.

Sure I gotta couple of stands I named

Stand 1-ISUREHOPENOSORRYSOULRIPSTHISDOWN

Stand 2-
THISSTANDCOSTME ALOTOF@#@#@##MONEY
flaming.gif

swamp stand - in a swamp

telephone pole stand - made with 4 telephone poles and some plywood, mega huge.

lucky - everyone but me kills deer in it

'the stand' - new stand i havn't sat but have high hopes for

mondo stand - one of those big cabela's stands made out of wroght iron and once we put it up it WILL NOT be moved. we recently renamed this stand to my fathers name because it's big and so is he and it's the only stand that he'll hunt out of

the bluff stand - in actuality just a crevasse in the bluff and we sit on the ground but still 20 feet above a good trail

these are all mega boring but oh well.
rolleyes.gif

me and my cuzin got one called the hookie stand couse a couple years ago we cought a hookie hunting our grandpas property, so ever since then its "THE HOOKIE STAND" and my stand is just MY STAND no name yet till i get something outta it

The Funnel, produces year after year, shot a doe out of it Monday morning.
Hitz Hickory Stand, landowners last name is Hitz, stand is in a hickory.
Barans Creek Stand, on the Barans property, in the creek.
The Pond Stand
The Red Oak stand
The Perssimon Stand
Old Faithful

Barf stand, in a relatively small hickory that swayed greatly in even the slightest wind, until you were ready to.

Sniper stand, up very high in a tree and with a view of almost the entire farm. Not that good for bow, but would have been great for long slug shot and especially rifle if was allowed.

Sonny's stand, for a neighbor who was caught several times sneaking over onto our property to sit in it.

We name ours too. One really stands out in my mind. It started after I missed a hawg of a buck one year. Dejected and humiliated I returned to the house and told my tale. From then on it's been called "The Tree of Shame".
frown.gif

Our stands are called 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,swamp,red oak,river,the rock,beddin area,
wavey.gif
the pasture,brushpile,pond,funnel.ground blind.Now we added the doghouse and the box blinds as well..............
wavey.gif

Big Timber named all my stands. I hesitate to let him hunt any others for fear that he'll ruin them with more stupid names.

Speaking of deer nicknames, Big timber saw a doe on my farm last week with an eye growing off the side of its' face. Because of its' similarities to "sloth" from "Goonies," he names it "chunk the doe." (Remember Chunk and Sloth?)

Big Timber named all my stands. I hesitate to let him hunt any others for fear that he'll ruin them with more stupid names.

Speaking of deer nicknames, Big timber saw a doe on my farm last week with an eye growing off the side of its' face. Because of its' similarities to "sloth" from "Goonies," he names it "chunk the doe." (Remember Chunk and Sloth?)

Of course we name them...here are a few of my favorites:

1-The Junkpile Stand: Several families dumped junk to prevent erosion in a nearby ravine.

2-The Buck Trail Stand: Minor trail in a hillside that I rarely see anything but bucks on.

3-The Biblecamp Stand: Near several old cabins that used to serve as a summer Bible Camp for local churches.

and last but not least...

4-The Trespass Stand: Very close to a boundary between private and public ground, so it was often a victim of trespassers.

5-The Banana Stand: Borders a field that looks just like a banana from an aerial photo.

Great topic, and thanks for starting it. Good Hunting All!

We have two.

The Ultra-Blind - an old machine shed that I can drive my Yukon into and look through the sliding doors. Complete concealment, wind protection, and comfort. Plus, trophies are taken out of it every year.

The Bale-Blind. We take 2 hay bales out of the bottom of a hay stack and set them up on their sides next to the stack, put some out corn cribbing and some 2x6s on top of them for a home made ground blind. It helps to put them next to our picked corn pile. Again, conceals your outline, and scent. And with it placed next to the corn pile, it all but guarantees deer sightings everyday. And no, putting a blind next to a corn pile is not baiting, we've even had GF&P complement us on our strategy. The deer are going to find the corn anyway, might as well put it in a spot where you can get a shot.

Good luck to everyone this year.

i have afew 1 is the bucky stand and the other is 9 racks because it had 9 nice size bucks pass by it the the last day of the season last year when all i had was a doe tag left!

1: The Crows Nest, 25 ft up. I actually put two plastic crows in holders, of course they were called Hekl and Jekyl.

2: Larry Land Stand, its at Larry Land.

3: Bad Bob, its on Bob's land.

4: The Back Yard Stand, cause its in my back yard.

With these names my wife can find me when my saftey harness breaks and I "Bonk" my head.

The 'Bonker

the hope stand-dad shot at a deer and hope it was a buck(he missed)
spike horn-first 3 deer were spikes off this spot
killin tree-hot stand
trail groomer-behind snowmoblie trail groomer building
randys swamp
creek bottom

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A STAND WE CALL OLE FAITHFULL. IF WE EVER HAVE TROUBLE GETTING A DEER WE WILL SIT IN THAT STAND. IT HAS NEVER LET US DOWN.

Widow Maker: An old permanant stand that we revamped so it wouldn't be a Widow maker.

Bloody Gulch: It's usually bloody under that stand by Nov. 1.

Pupster

Man theres a lotta stands named because of tresspassers in here .
grin.gif

Skybox (its 26' up in a huge maple. i built a staircase to climb up the last 8')

Intersection (lots of trails cross here)

Power Pole 125 (its next to a power line pole with a 125 tag on it)

The Finger (thin peninsula of oaks that fingers into a thick swamp)

The Thumb (wider peninsula that sticks into a swamp)

Alices's box (next door neighbor lady is a real crank. Her name is Alice. For a while the stand was a 4x4x4 box on an old gas tank frame stand about 8" off the ground. Its now been rebuilt into a 16' ladder stand, but the name stuck. We always laugh when someone says they gonna go crawl into Alice's box.

Star Stand (small oak island in a marsh that is surrounded by five other small islands)

Cadillac (Just a real sweet bow stand that's in a great spot and easy to get into the tree)

Two Pond (its by two small ponds)

Top Bottom