Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do you think my wife will notice...

dbltree

Super Moderator
if I turn our back yard into a foodplot /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Poor starvin critters just tryin to get by on nasty ole grass

Deerinyard.jpg

Got some real poor clay spots that never grow much anyway so I worked it up.

Claysubsoil.jpg

Hauled in composted cow manure

Trailerloadofpoop.jpg

Shoveled it out about 10-12" deep

Compost-1.jpg

Tilled it all in nice and purty < /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Readytoplant.jpg

Broadcast some oats, packed it, broadcast White Clover, repacked it and then dragged and old bedsprings over it

Bedsprings.jpg

Now a little rain would be nice (or else I'm getting out the lawn sprinkler /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)

She may have suggested a bucket of corn or something else less drastic. But I like the way you think. Just hope your wife does. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Shoot, she is probably so used to your antics by now that you might get a shrug out of her as she rolls her eyes! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You are the only person I know that gets excited playing in a trailer of poo /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I would imagine that she will actually be surprised that you didn't do the whole yard! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would imagine that she will actually be surprised that you didn't do the whole yard! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I didn't say I was done... &lt; /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Besides I told her that I used "special" seed that would make our yard beaaauuutiful! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Personally I think most of our wives must be pretty numb to all of this by now. I just don't like it when a bunch of them get together and start comparing behavior notes. It makes me want to head for the door.
crazy.gif

At least the whole yard is "green" now /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Yardplot.jpg

Clover is popping up nicely! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Cloverseedlings1.jpg

I used Welter's White Clover treated with Apron. Looking good so far.

I love it when a plan comes together! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
Deerinyardplot.jpg

They are gobbling up those oats right now! Pic is thru the window so it's not the greatest...but living in the country sure is!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Nice "herd"! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif That's great, those honeys are sure to drag a buck in there before long!

Notice the title of the thread...
then
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> then dragged and old bedsprings over it </div></div>

I hope that wasn't the set you were using.
She might notice but I think she has decided to put up with it a looong time ago. What more could you want in a yard?

If I lived there you wouldn't have many deer coming to yard by January, because they would all be in the freezer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
So how many yards is it to the food plot, looks like muzzleloader range!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

My mom won't let me or my dad shoot the does that come in our yard, but if we go down over the hill we can shoot them, doesn't make much sense /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My mom won't let me or my dad shoot the does that come in our yard, but if we go down over the hill we can shoot them, doesn't make much sense /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

My wife says the same thing...so we go down over the hill! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that wasn't the set you were using. </div></div>

Hard to wear em out just sleeping in them pharmer.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
(the ole dbltree doesn't spend all his time food plotin ya know /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)

Top Bottom