Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doed up...

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

I was on my way home just now from a all day hunt. I came across a cut corn field and spotted two buck and two does. Each set was about 200 yards apart. Seen nothing in the deep timber today. Seems the moving is very scarce now until night time.

Full moon encouraging night activity?? It was bright as heck last night.

very well could have something to do with it. Another factor could be that it's been so freaken windy, recently! For most of my spots deer seem to wait until the wind calms down a bit before they move. But I guess we're in Iowa after all, right? Hopefully, we catch a calm spell to where It'll be calm enough to actually have a deke out.

I sat from 2 - 530 only deer I saw was a big 8 100+ yds out while rattling pretty sure he caught my scent when the winds shifted, on tge drive home though fields were full of deer almost hit 2 bucks....i took 6th - 12th off work so far everyday has been windy with hardly any movement till night

I hunt Chickasaw county and on the way to work this morning seen 3 bucks with does in fields. Sat this afternoon from 2 till dark. had a big boy with a doe at 2:40 in the field and from 4 till dark I was covered up with does everywhere around me. I had a decoy set up and had two 1.5 yr olds come check it out. Right at dark had a big boy show up about 100yds away but he chased the 1.5yr olds away and never came in any closer. Hoping tomorrow without the wind will be the day....

Had a 140-ish 10 walk to me thru the timber about 4:30 pm ! He got about 40 yrds out and decided he didn't like the smell of the swirling wind. He decided to walk back the way he came!!! Also had a young 6 pt. at 10 yards for about 10 minutes that got the same feeling! My deodorant ain't getting it!!!!

Top Bottom