Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dog problem

IMO, there are pets that are dogs and there are dogs that are just plain dogs unfortunately...and it is the owners that determine which one they are. I have gone to great lengths to NOT kill or trap neighbor's pets...even when they haven't always been responsible pet owners and/or allow their pet to repeatedly wander WAY OFF of their property. (I also have had very responsible pet owners as neighbors, I am not talking about everyone mind you, only some.)

But the reality is that some people don't care one bit about their dogs, and other pets, and are not the least bit receptive to any suggestions or requests to keep their pets on their property. IMO, there really is only one reliable way to deal with these scenarios. SSS.

Thankfully, the neighbor I once had that was a major source of roaming dogs in the area did move away several years ago, so I haven't experienced any problems in this area for awhile now, but I have in the past and it is beyond frustrating and possibly even a little dangerous, depending on the disposition of the wandering dog(s).

Thankfully, the neighbor I once had that was a major source of roaming dogs in the area did move away several years ago

I lucked out when the bad neighbors (renters) who owned 11 dogs they let run moved away about two years ago. I stopped by twice asking them to please keep then home. I called the sheriff and he stopped by to talk to them twice (then hinted to me that I knew what I needed to do). Very frustrating situation, especially since I've owned lots of dogs and it is not the dogs fault, the blame rests entirely on the owner's shoulder.

If they have a home - find it. Otherwise, SSS - shoot, shovel, shut-up. I used to have to deal w/ wild "domesticated" dogs harassing livestock when I was a kid. Not so much anymore.

Top Bottom