Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Don't be dumb like me

gds

Last night I used my new "cheap" WalMart climbing tree stand.I got the Braniac idea to get started up the tree and then put on my harness.Well I get up about 5 feet and before I could stop to tie the harness on to the tree pop pop out come the pins on the seat section and bam down I go on my back.I feel real sore today and real stupid.I knew much better and maybe now have learned my lesson.I hope somebody else can benefit from my dumb act.
OA
Gary
By the way the stand is going back tonight,I would not recommend the Ameristep basic climber!

Yikes! I'm glad you didn't fall very far and that you're ok.
shocked.gif

This has been discussed before in regards to two things...

1) The treestands offered by Wal-Mart are less than subpar with their weld quality.

2) The importance of wearing a harness during the climb, while seated, and when climbing down is very important.

I am glad that you were not injured any worse than you were. Every have a safe and successful hunting season.

Joe

serves you right to be so stupid. I hope you broke your back. The only climber to buy is a summit and if you can't afford it then you should just ground hunt to be safe.

mad.gif
what's with your comment trogster75?
mad.gif
a little uncalled for isn't it?
mad.gif
now, i think outdooraddict deserves an apology and please delete your post
mad.gif

Can't anyone take a joke on here. I know its hunting season but lets lighten up a little. I apologize if I affended you. Know lets go hunting.

Get real. I can take it and give it out pretty well too . . . but that was harsh. Funny is funny, but that was crude.

Unfortunately, that glimmer in someones eye that goes with sarcasm is difficult to see when looking at a computer screen. Use as many graemlins as possible when attempting to be witty
grin.gif

Thanks for the good news, I have several of them from wally world that I let a friend use while I'm gone. He'll have to reinforce them. Hope your back doesn't bother ya anymore.

It's to bad some people wish hurt apon someone, a back is irreplacable. And thanks for the second reply. This site doesn't take to kind of replys like that.

Yes, I will agree with everyone on the comment that was made. It was not a good comment and was very uncalled for. That is what happens if you leave your account open at work and your coworkers help themselves to your account. But if you look close at the spelling, it looks as though the person who was into my account has a second grade eduaction. That has to be the worst feeling to fall out of a tree. Hope that you are doing better, lots of ice. You will forget about the pain when the big boy comes in front of you...
beerchug.gif

trogster75, i appreciate the apology. i myself am very sarcatic and have a huge sense of humor, as most people on this site also have a great sense of humor, but that post caught me(and apparently others also) off guard, and with no graemlins, it was hard to tell if you were joking or not. anyways i didn't mean to offend you, i was just looking out for my fellow hunters, as they would look out for me, there's just some things you joke about and somethings you don't, anyways good luck to you!
beerchug.gif

It sounds like Trogster75 is trying to cover up his own actions. He is talking about second grade education and spelling. He is right, if you look at his spelling in both his posts it appears he is the one with the second grade education. This guy can't even spell education.
jester.gif

Hey Chris, it is pretty evident that kirk is the culprit, it is his first post and he is putting his 2 cents in.... A complete flame and should be banned from the site....

Mark...

Well, I better speak up and stick up for trogster here a little. I know him personally, and even though he can be a bonehead sometimes
grin.gif
, I can assure you he's not the type of person to wish any sort of misfortune on anyone. I bet you won't leave your puter on at work anymore Troy, and if it was me, I'd find a few "special assignments"for you know who!!
CRITR

What has been lost in all this chaos over one persons joke/non joke reply is the original topic. My hunting partner aka coach had a similar situation with a climbing stick last week where he fell from maybe 10 feet and just barely got his feet under him. I was there and it was incredibly scary. Bottom line is this. We hunt a great sport, but getting 15-20 feet off the ground puts all of us in harms way. From the first foot off the ground to while your sitting to the moment your feet are on solid ground that harness should be on. I am amazed at how many professional hunters I see on tv up in their tree with no harness. People die or our crippled each year and it nearly happened to my hunting buddy. If you can imagine a life without deer hunting or possibly much worse because we think getting up the tree 5 minutes quicker makes a difference than don't pay this any mind. This topic can not be talked about too much. It is probably the most important topic involved in our sport, and least talked about.

Well spoken Canjoco.
This is a good lesson for all of us, including me. I've yet to ever wear a safety harness and I will start now.

BT

Top Bottom