Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Buck November 2010

Slabman

Haven't posted harvests yet so here is archery 2010:

I have been bow hunting for about 5 years now and the whitetail fever has hit me hard. The first few years were difficult and I have only been able to harvest does and a small forky. This fall was finally my time.
I got to my stand on this small chunk of timber and had not been there for 20 minutes and spooked a big deer off to my left. The wind was completely backwards for the stand. I then heard the mother of all tangling of antlers in the timber. I knew it was now or never. I got out of my stand and crossed the trail and shimmed my way up into the crotch of a giant ash tree. I started bashing my rattlers together in hopes of bringing in one of the bucks. 15 minutes later a bruiser came right up the trail to me. Now, the trail the deer was on literally butts up against the tree I was in and I knew this was going to be a tough shot. At 8 yards he stopped and turned broadside looking towards the tree stand I was just in. I drew and let it fly. CENTER PUNCH! He wheeled around and was gone. At that second my phone buzzed and it was my brother. He had just 'raged' an 8pt. I told him I had just drilled a bruiser. I waited 45 minutes and then walked up on this:
forum
forum
forum

forum
forum
forum

Center punch city
My parents and brother show up about a half hour later.
forum
forum

forum

forum

forum

forum

forum

forum

Last edited:
Yeah i don't know what's going on. Did the same thing as on my last post and it didn't go through this time.

Top Bottom